Ortho® Outdoor Insect Killer Concentrate
Ortho® Outdoor Insect Killer Concentrate
Fall is in the air. Take 20% off your purchase of $49 or more 🍂
- Kill bugs outdoors before they come indoors with Ortho® Outdoor Insect Killer Concentrate
- Kills 235 insects by contact, so you can use as an ant killer, spider killer, mosquito killer, flea killer, and tick killer (see product label for insects controlled)
- Creates a 3 month bug barrier, protecting against ants, fleas, cockroaches, spiders (excluding black widow), house flies, scorpions, and American dog ticks
- Use on roses, ornamentals, vegetable gardens, trees and lawns when insects or damage first appear
- This product is a concentrate and cannot be applied directly out of its container - please read product label for specific application instructions; each 32 fl. oz. container treats up to 5,580 sq. ft.
Specs and Details
- Bifenthrin: 0.3%
- Food utensils such as spoons and measuring cups must not be used for food purposes after use with pesticides.
- If empty: Non-refillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Place in trash or for recycling if available.
- If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Ortho® Outdoor Insect Killer Concentrate kills 235 listed bugs, including ants, spiders, fleas, ticks and mosquitoes outdoors before they can come indoors (refer to product label for complete lists of insects). The formula kills insects by contact and can be used to protect your lawn, flowers, vegetable gardens and fruit trees. Use around the perimeter of your house to create a bug barrier for up to 3 months of protection (refer to product label for details). It's also formulated for use on edibles (refer to product label for full list). Dilute this product according to instructions and apply using a tank sprayer. On roses, ornamentals, vegetable gardens, trees and lawns, use when insects or damage first appear. Around your house foundation, use early in the season or when insects appear. Allow the area to dry before people and pets re-enter. Each 32 fl. oz. container treats up to 5,580 sq. ft.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
- Apply using a tank sprayer
Treating Roses, Flowers, Shrubs, and Small Trees
- Add 1.5 fl. oz. per gallon of water.
- Spray to uniformly cover upper and lower leaf surfaces, stems, and branches. Spray underside of leaves and penetrate dense foliage. When treating potted plants also lightly spray the soil surface.
- Spray when air is calm to avoid drift. Apply as necessary, waiting 7 to 14 days between each application. Hard to control insects may require 2 to 3 applications.
- If temperature is expected to exceed 85° F, spray in early morning or late afternoon when it is cooler.
Treating the Perimeter of House Foundations, Porches, Patios, and Stored Lumber
- Add 1.5 fl. oz. per gallon of water to treat 65 sq. ft.
- Spray a 2-foot band around the house next to the foundation. Also spray the foundation of the house to a height of 2 feet.
- Repeat application every 14 days if necessary.
Treating Lawn Insects
- Add 0.75 to 1.5 fl. oz. per gallon of water to treat 125 sq. ft.
- Spray evenly. Be sure to treat the entire lawn. (To ensure the lawn is getting the appropriate amount of product, measure the length and width and then multiply to calculate the square footage.)
Treating Vegetable Gardens and Melons or Nut and Fruit Trees
- Add 1.5 fl. oz. per gallon of water
- Apply as a thorough spray, wetting leaves and branches, but do not let run-off occur. (Be sure to follow important limitations for the specific edible plant you are spraying, including the amount of spray which can be applied, the interval between sprays, and the days to wait before harvest.)
- Spray underside of leaves and penetrate dense foliage.
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
- Do not apply directly to impervious horizontal surfaces such as sidewalks, driveways, and patios except as a spot or crack-and-crevice treatment.
- Do not treat firewood.
- *Should not be used in California to grow.
Where to Use
- Use on roses and other ornamentals as well as Corn (Sweet corn), Tomatoes*, Citrus*, Blackberries, Raspberries, Lima Beans, Peas (Green pea, Snow pea, Sugar Snap pea)*, Beans (Snap bean, Wax bean)*, Blackeyed pea*, Chayote, Cucumber, Edible gourds, Cantaloupe, Casaba, Honeydew melon, Pumpkin, Summer squash (Zucchini), Winter squash (Butternut squash, Acorn squash, Spaghetti squash), Watermelon, Chinese mustard*, Broccoli, Chinese broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Eggplant, Head lettuce*, Peppers (Bell and Non-bell)*, Artichoke*, Pears*, Pecans* and fruit trees; trees and shrubs; lawns; and around the perimeter of the house foundation, porches, patios & stored lumber.
- Ortho® Outdoor Insect Killer Ready-to-Spray is for use in residential, outdoor spaces only.
When to Apply
- Ortho® Outdoor Insect Killer Ready-to-Spray can be used on roses, ornamentals, vegetable gardens, trees and lawns when insects or damage first appear. Use it around house foundations early in season or when insects appear.
- Apply in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours.
- Apply to a lawn that was mowed within the last 24 hours.
How Often to Apply
- When using on vegetable gardens and melons or nut and fruit trees, re-apply as necessary to maintain control. Wait at least 7 days between each application.
- When using around the perimeter of house foundations, porches, patios, and stored lumber, repeat applications every 14 days if necessary.
- When using on roses, flowers, shrubs, and small trees, 2 to 3 applications may be needed for hard to control insects. Wait 7 to 14 days between each application.
- When using to treat lawn insects, wait 4 to 6 weeks between applications.
- The maximum application rate is 22.9 oz. per 1000 sq. ft. per application or 32 oz. per 1395 sq. ft.
- When treating roses, ornamentals, vegetables, gardens, melons, fruit trees and areas around home foundations mix 3 Tbs (1.5 fl. oz.) per gallon of water.
- When treating lawns, mix 1.5 to 3 Tbs (0.75 fl. oz. to 1.5 fl. oz.) per gallon of water
Frequently Asked Questions
If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied with this product, mail us proof of purchase to obtain a full refund of your purchase price.
Adelgids (including Eastern Sprucegall ), Ants (including Argentine, Carpenter, Harvester, Lasius, Odorous, Pavement, Pharaoh/Sugar, Pyramid, Imported Fire), Aphids (including Apple, Black Cherry, Black Pecan, Buckhorn, Greenbug, Pea, Root, Rose, Rosy Apple, Walnut, Yellow Pecan), Apple Maggot, Armyworms (including Beet, Fall, Southern, True, Yellowstriped), Bagworms, Bees, Beetles (including Banded Cucumber, Bean Leaf, Blister, Black Flea, Black Turfgrass Ataenius, Colorado Potato, Dichondra Flea, Elm Leaf, Ground, Adult Japanese, Mexican Bean, Pine Chaer, Pine Shoot, Red Flour, Rose Chafer, Sap, Southern Corn Leaf, Spotted Cucumber, Striped Cucumber, Sweetpotato Flea, Whitefringed), Bluegrass Billbug, Borers (including American Plum, Common Stalk, European Corn, Hop Vine, Lesser Peachtree, Peachtree, Peach Twig, Southern Corn, Southwestern Corn, Stalk, Squash Vine), Boxelder Bug, Brown Leaf Notcher, Caterpillars (including Alfalfa, Alfalfa Looper, Banded Ash Clearwing, Blueberry Spanworm, Budworms, Cabbage Looper, Celery Looper, Cranberry Fruitworm, Cross-Striped Cabbageworm, Filbertworm, Green Cloverworm, Green Fruitworm, Hickory Shuckworm, Imported Cabbageworm, Melonworm, Navel Orangeworm, Painted Lady, Pickleworm, Rindworm, Saltmarsh, Tent, Tobacco Hornworm, Tomato Fruitworm/Corn earworm, Tomato Hornworm, Tomato Pinworm, Velvetbean), Celery Leaftier, Centipedes, Chiggers, Chinch Bugs (including False, Hairy, Southern), Cicadas (including Periodical), Cockroaches (including American, Asian/Oriental, Brown Banded, German, Smokybrown), Corn Rootworms (including Mexican, Northern, Southern, Western), Crickets (including House), Cutworms (including Black, Dingy, Spotted, Variegated, Western Bean), Earwigs, Fleahopper, Fleas (including Cat, Dog), Flies (including Biting, Cherry Fruit, Cornsilk, Crane Flies (including European ), Fungus Gnats, Housey, Walnut Husk), Glassy-winged Sharpshooter, Grasshoppers, Hornets, Lace bugs, Lady Beetles, Leaffooted Bugs, Leafhoppers (including Aster/California, Corn, Eastern Grape, Potato, Southern Garden, Western Grape), Leafminers (including Alder, Boxwood, Holly, Oak, Spruce Needle, Tentiform, Vegetable), Leafrollers (including Olique Banded, Red-Banded, Variegated), Little Leaf Notcher, Lygus Bugs, Mealybugs, Midges (including Rose), Millipedes, Mites (including Banks Grass, Broad, Carmine, Clover, European, Grain, Pacic Spider, Pecan Leaf Scorch, Pecan Scorch, Red Spider, Spider, Spruce, Two-Spotted Spider), Mole Crickets (including European, Northern, Prairie, Shortwinged, Southern, Tawny), Mosquitoes, Moths (including Artichoke Plume, Codling, Diamondback, Gypsy, Oriental Fruit, Pine Tip (including Nantucket, Pitch, Ponderosa, Southwestern, Western), Zimmerman Pine), Orange Tortrix, Pecan Leaf Casebearer, Pecan Leaf Phylloxera, Pecan Nut Casebearer, Pecan Phylloxera, Plant Bugs (including Tarnished), Psyllids (including Pear), Rose Slugs, Sawies (including European Pine, Redheaded Pine), Scales (including Brown Soft, California Red, Euonymus, Pine needle, San Jose), Scorpions (including Striped Tail, Dune), Sowbugs/Pillbugs/Rollie Pollies, Spiders (including Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Daddy Long Legs, Hobo, Wolf), Spittlebugs (including Meadow, Pecan), Springtails, Squash Bug, Stink Bugs (including Brown Marmorated, Kudzu Bug), Termites, Thrips (including Citrus), Ticks (including American, Brown Dog, Deer), Treehoppers (including Three Cornered Alfalfa Hopper ), Webworms (including Fall, Mimosa, Oak, Sod), Weevils (including Annual Bluegrass, Black Vine, Blue Green Citrus Root, Carrot, Cranberry, Curculio (including Cow Pea, Plum), Diaprepes Root, Northern Pine, Orchard, Orchid, Pea Leaf, Pea, Pecan, Pepper, Pine Shoot, Sweet Potato), Wasps, Whiteflies, Wireworms (including Corn, Southern Potato), Yellowjackets.
Kids & Pets
People and pets may enter the treated area after the application has dried.
To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run-off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters, or surface waters. Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid run-off to water bodies or drainage systems. Drift and run-off from treated areas may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in neighboring areas. Care should be used when spraying to avoid fish and reptile pets in/around ornamental ponds. This product is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment or residues on blooming plants. Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming plants if bees are visiting the treatment areas.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 13ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';