Ortho® WeedClear™ Weed Killer for Lawns Concentrate
Concentrate, 1 Gallon
- Use Ortho® WeedClear™ Weed Killer for Lawns Concentrate to kill weeds down to the root, without harming your lawn (when used as directed); you'll see visible results in hours
- This lawn weed killer kills over 250 common weeds, including dandelions, clover, poison ivy, sumac, chickweed, and dollarweed (see product label for complete weed list)
- Apply this herbicide when weeds are small and actively growing in the spring or fall and temperatures are below 90°F
- Designed for Northern and Southern lawns
- This product is a concentrate and cannot be applied directly out of its container - please read product label for specific application instructions
Specs and Details
- Dimethylamine Salt of 2,4-D Acid: 8.658%
- Dimethylamine Salt of Mecoprop-p Acid: 2.127%
- Dicamba Acid: 0.371%
- Over-applying or applying at rates greater than those listed can cause turf injury. It may also adversely affect non-targeted plants.
- Do not apply this product in a way that will contact any person or pet, either directly or through drift.
- This product is harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes and clothing. Prolonged or repeated use may cause an allergic reaction in some individuals. Wear a minimum of a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, shoes and socks, safety glasses, and chemical resistant gloves made of waterproof material when handling or applying this product. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, or using tobacco. Remove and wash any contaminated clothing before reusing those materials. If clothing is saturated, remove it and shower as soon as possible.
- This is a nonrefillable container, it should not be reused or refilled.
- When empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling where available.
- If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place any unused product down any indoor (including toilet) or outdoor (including sewer) drain.
- This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
- Download Label
- Safety Data Sheets can be found at scottsmsds.com
You can kill weeds without harming your lawn* with Ortho® WeedClear™ Weed Killer for Lawns Concentrate. This weed killer kills over 250 common weeds, including dandelions, clover, poison ivy, sumac, chickweed, and dollarweed (see product label for complete weed list). It is made especially for residential lawns and contains three proven ingredients to specifically target and destroy other common lawn weeds, without harming your grass*. This herbicide works by entering weeds through their leaves, and moves throughout the plant to kill all the way down to the root. You'll see visible results in hours, and it becomes rainproof within one hour upon drying. This product is a concentrate. It cannot be applied directly out of its container. Mix 2 fl. oz. per gallon of water for every 500 sq. ft. for Northern lawns, or 1 fl. oz. per gallon of water for Southern lawns. Easily apply with an Ortho® Dial N Spray® or tank sprayer. People and pets may enter the treated area after the spray has dried. For best results, use when weeds are small and actively growing in the spring or fall. One 1 gal. bottle treats up to 64,000 sq. ft.
*when used as directed
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
- Apply using an Ortho® Dial 'N Spray® Hose End Sprayer:
- Set up the sprayer for your intended application. (To treat Northern Lawns turn the dial to 2 oz., or turn the dial to 1 oz. to treat Southern Lawns.)
- Add Ortho® WeedClear™ Weed Killer for Lawns Concentrate to the sprayer jar. (Add 2 fl. oz. per gallon of water to treat 500 sq. ft. of a Northern Lawn, or 1 fl. oz. to treat 500 sq. ft. of a Southern Lawn.) Do not add water.
- Turn the sprayer nozzle to the desired spray pattern.
- Connect the sprayer to a garden hose. Turn on the water.
- Press and hold the trigger on the sprayer to begin the application. Spray the entire lawn, wetting weeds and lawn grasses. (Do not overwater to the point of runoff.)
- When an area has been treated, turn off the water and disconnect the sprayer.
- Pour any unused concentrate back into the original container and clean out the sprayer following the cleaning instructions on the label.
- Apply using a tank sprayer:
- Add 2 fl. oz. of Ortho® WeedClear™ Weed Killer for Lawns Concentrate per gallon of water to treat 500 sq. ft. of a Northern Lawn, or 1 fl. oz. per gallon of water to treat 500 sq. ft. of a Southern Lawn.
- Spray the area, wetting weeds and lawn grasses. (Do not overwater to the point of runoff.)
- Clean out the tank and sprayer following the cleaning instructions on the tank and sprayer label.
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
- This should not be used on Bentgrass (colonial and creeping), Carpetgrass, Dichondra, and Lippia as well as vegetables, fruit trees, vines and berries, ornamental plants (flowers, trees, groundcovers, landscape beds, and shrubs), Seashore paspalum, Floratam variety of St. Augustinegrass, and any Turfgrass species that is not listed.
Where to Use
- Use on cool season grasses like Kentucky Bluegrass, Ryegrass, Tall Fescue, and Fine Fescues as well as warm season grasses like Bermudagrass (common and hybrid), St. Augustinegrass (including Floratam), Centipedegrass, Zoysiagrass, Buffalograss, and Bahiagrass.
- Do not apply to hybrid Bermudagrass when daytime temperatures exceed 85°F.
When to Apply
- Apply in the spring and fall when weeds are small and actively growing, when the air is calm, and the temperature is below 90°F. Do not apply when it is raining or when rain is expected that day.
- Only apply twice in one year with a minimum of 30 days between applications.
How Often to Apply
- Applications should be limited to 2 per year with at least 30 days between them. The maximum application rate is 4 fl. oz. per 1,000 sq. ft. per application.
- Do not reseed for 4 weeks after an application.
- Only apply to newly seeded areas after the grass has been mowed 3 times.
- If the lawn is dry, water thoroughly before applying.
- Allow 12 hours after applying before watering the lawn for maximum effectiveness.
- Add 2 fl. oz. per gallon of water to treat 500 sq. ft. of a Northern Lawn.
- Add 1 fl. oz. per gallon of water to treat 500 sq. ft. of a Southern Lawn.
Frequently Asked Questions
If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied with this product, mail us proof of purchase to obtain a full refund of your purchase price.
What it Controls
Alder, Annual yellow sweet clover, Artichoke, Aster, Austrian fieldcress, Bedstraw, Beggartick, Biden, Bindweed, Bird vetch, Bitterweed, Bitter wintercress, Black-eyed Susan, Black medic, Black mustard, Blackseed plantain, Blessed thistle, Bloodflower, Blue lettuce, Blue vervain, Box elder, Bracted plantain, Brassbuttons, Bristly oxtongue, Broadleaf dock, Broadleaf plantain, Broomweed, Buckhorn, Buckhorn plantain, Bulbous buttercup, Bull nettle, Bull thistle, Burdock, Burning nettle, Bur ragweed, Burweed, Buttercup, Canada thistle, Carolina geranium, Carpetweed, Catchweed bedstraw, Catsear, Catnip, Chickweed, Chicory, Cinquefoil, Clover, Cockle, Coocklebur, Coffeebean, Coffeeweed, Common chickweed, Common mullein, Common Sowthistle, Corn chamomile, Creeping Jenny, Creeping Woodsorrel, Crimson clover, Croton, Cudweed, Curly dock, Curly indigo, Dandelion, Dead Nettle, Dock, Dogbane, Dogfennel, Dollarweed, Elderberry, English daisy, Fall dandelion, False dandelion, False flax, False sunflower, Fiddleneck, Field bindweed, Field pansy, Flea bane (Daisy), Flixweed Florida betony, Florida pusley, Frenshweed, Galinsoga, Garlic mustard, Goathead, Goatsbeard, Goldenrod, Ground ivy, Gumweed, Hairy bittercress, Hairy fleabane, Hawkweed, Healall, Heartleaf drymary, Hedge bindweed, Hedge mustard, Hemp, Henbit, Hoary cress, Hoary plantain, Hoary vervain, Honeysuckle, Hop clover, Horsenettle, Horsetail, Indiana mallow, Ironweed, Jewelweed, Jimsonweed, Kochia, Knawel, Knotweed, Lambsquarter, Lespedeza, Locoweed, Lupine, Mallow, Marshelder, Matchweed, Mexicanweed, Milk vetch, Milkweed, Mugwort, Morningglory, Mouseear chickweed, Musk thistle, Mustard, Narrowleaf plantain, Narrowleaf vetch, Nettle, Orange hawkweed, Oxalis, Oxeye daisy, Parsley-piert, Parsnip, Pearlwort, Pennycress, Pennywort, Peppergrass, Pepperweed, Pigweed, Pineywoods bedstraw, Plains coreopsis, Plantain, Poison hemlock, Poison ivy, Poison oak, Pokeweed, Poorjoe, Povertyweed, Prickly lettuce, Prickly side, Primrose, Prostrate knotweed, Prostrate pigweed, Prostrate spurge, Prostrate vervain, Puncture vine, Purslane, Ragweed, Red clover, Redroot pigweed, Red sorrel, Redstem filaree, Rough cinquefoil, Rough fleabane, Roundleafed marigold, Rush, Russian pigweed, Russian thistle, St. Johnswort, Scarlet pimpernel, Scotch thistle, Sheep sorrel, Shepherdspurse, Slender plantain, Smallflower galinsoga, Smartweed, Smooth dock, Smooth pigweed, Sneezeweed, Southern Wild Rose, Sowthistle, Spanishneedle, Spatterdock, Speedwell, Spiny amaranth, Spiny cocklebur, Spotted catsear, Spotted knapweed, Spotted spurge, Spurge, Spurweed, Stinging nettle, Stinkweed, Stichwort, Strawberry clover, Sumac, Sunflower, Sweet clover, Tall nettle, Tall vervain, Tansy mustard, Tansy ragwort, Tanweed, Tarweed, Thistle, Tick trefoil, Toadflax, Trailing crown vetch, Tumble mustard, Tumble pigweed, Tumbleweed, Velvetleaf, Venice mallow, Veronica, Vervain, Vetch, Virginia buttonweed, Virginia creeper, Virginia pepperweed, Wavyleaf bullthistle, Western Clematis, Western Salsify, White clover, White mustard, Wild mustard, Wild aster, Wild buckwheat, Wild carrot, Wild four-o'clock, Wild geranium, Wild lettuce, Wild marigold, Wild parsnip, Wild radish, Wild rape, Wild strawberry, Wild sweet potato, Wild vetch, Willow, Witchweed, Woolly morningglory, Woodsorrel, Woolly croton, Woolly plantain, Wormseed, Yarrow, Yellow Rocket, Yellow flower pepperweed, Yellow Woodsorrel, and other broadleaf weeds.
Kids & Pets
People and pets can enter the treated area after the spray has dried.
- Do not apply directly to water.
- Be careful to also not contaminate water sources when disposing of any water used to clean the application equipment.
- The application of this product in areas where soils are permeable, particularly where the water table is shallow, may result in groundwater contamination.
- Application around a cistern or well may result in contamination of the groundwater.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 6ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';