Ortho® WeedClear™ Weed Killer for Lawns with Comfort Wand
Ortho® WeedClear™ Weed Killer for Lawns with Comfort Wand
The battery-powered Comfort Wand® gives your hands a break with its one-touch continuous spray.
The Trigger Sprayer is all about great value and ease of use. Simply point and squeeze.
The best value for large areas. Mix the specified amount of product with water in a backpack, pump, hose-end, or power sprayer then spray uniformly as a broadcast or spot treatment. You can also use with the Ortho® Dial N Spray® Hose-End Sprayer and eliminate measuring and mixing altogether!
Simply attach the battery-powered Ortho® Comfort Wand® from your previous bottle to your new Refill bottle to spot treat weeds with a continuous stream — no bending or pumping required.
Attaches to a garden hose to treat large areas quickly and easily. No mixing or measuring!
24 oz. Trigger
Perfect for spot-treating! Simply point and squeeze.
- Use Ortho® WeedClear™ Weed Killer for Lawns with Comfort Wand® to kill weeds down to the root, without harming your lawn (when used as directed); you'll see visible results in hours
- KILLS WEEDS: This lawn weed killer kills over 250 common weeds, including dandelions, clover, poison ivy, chickweed, and dollarweed (see product label for complete weed list)
- LAWN FRIENDLY: It contains three proven ingredients that target common lawn weeds, so it won’t harm your grass (when used as directed)
- RESULTS YOU CAN SEE: Visible results in hours; rainproof in 1 hour upon drying; people and pets may enter the treated area after the spray has dried
- EASY TO USE: Comes with the continuous spray Comfort Wand® applicator, which allows for precise spray control and maximum accuracy—no pumping required
Specs and Details
- 2,4-D: 0.605%
- MCPA: 0.149%
- Dicamba: 0.026%
- Over-applying or applying at rates greater than those listed can cause turf injury. It may also adversely affect non-targeted plants.
- Do not apply this product in a way that will contact any person or pet, either directly or through drift.
- This product is harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes and clothing. Prolonged or repeated use may cause an allergic reaction in some individuals. Wear a minimum of a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, shoes and socks, safety glasses, and chemical resistant gloves made of waterproof material when handling or applying this product. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, or using tobacco. Remove and wash any contaminated clothing before reusing those materials. If clothing is saturated, remove it and shower as soon as possible.
- This is a non refillable container, it should not be reused or refilled.
- When empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling where available.
- If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place any unused product down any indoor (including toilet) or outdoor (including sewer) drain.
- The Comfort Wand® can be reused with the Ortho® WeedClear™ Weed Killer for Lawns refill bottle.
You can kill weeds without harming your grass* with Ortho® WeedClear™ Weed Killer for Lawns with Comfort Wand®. This weed killer kills over 250 common weeds, including dandelions, clover, poison ivy, chickweed, and dollarweed (see product label for complete weed list). It is made especially for residential lawns and contains three proven ingredients to specifically target and destroy other common lawn weeds, without harming your grass*. This herbicide works by entering weeds through their leaves, and moves throughout the plant to kill all the way down to the root. You'll see visible results in hours, and it becomes rainproof within one hour upon drying. Comes with the easy-to-use Comfort Wand® applicator, which delivers a continuous stream to target weeds—no pumping required. Apply any time of the year, whenever weeds appear. People and pets may enter the treated area after the spray has dried. For best results, use when weeds are small and actively growing in the spring or fall. *When used as directed.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
Preparing the Comfort Wand®
- Remove the Comfort Wand® from the side of the bottle and pull the strip to activate the batteries.
- Unfold the wand until it clicks.
- Unwrap the hose and insert the connector into the spout. It will click into place.
- Applying Ortho® WeedClear™ Weed Killer for Lawns
- Twist the knob to the "ON" position.
- Set the sprayer nozzle to the desired spray pattern.
- Slide the trigger switch to "UNLOCK."
- Press the trigger to spray. Aim at the center of the weed and spray only until the surface of the weed is wet.
- When all weeds have been treated, turn the sprayer nozzle "OFF."
- Slide the trigger switch to "LOCK."
- Twist the knob to the "OFF" position. Fold the wand closed and place the sprayer securely in the holster.
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
- Do not use for controlling weeds in flower or vegetable beds or around shrubs or ornamental plantings.
- You should also not apply Ortho® WeedClear™ Weed Killer for Lawns to Floratam variety of St. Augustinegrass, Bentgrass, Carpetgrass, Dichondra, and Lippia, and any Turfgrass species that is not listed.
Where to Use
- Use on warm season turfgrass like St. Augustinegrass (Do not use on Floratam), Bermudagrass (common and hybrid), Centipedegrass, Zoysiagrass, Buffalograss, and Bahiagrass as well as on cool season grasses like Kentucky Bluegrass, Ryegrass, Tall Fescue, and Fine Fescue.
When to Apply
- Apply in the spring and fall when weeds are small and actively growing, when the air is calm, and the temperature is below 90°F. Do not apply when it is raining or when rain is expected that day.
- Only apply twice in one year with a minimum of 30 days between applications.
How Often to Apply
- Applications should be limited to 2 per year with at least 30 days between them. The maximum application rate is 12.8 fl. oz. per 1,000 sq. ft. per application.
- Do not reseed for 4 weeks after an application.
- Only apply to newly seeded areas after the grass has been mowed 3 times.
- Watering Tips
- If the lawn is dry, water thoroughly before applying.
- Allow 12 hours after applying before watering the lawn for maximum effectiveness.
Frequently Asked Questions
Alder, Annual yellow sweet clover, Artichoke, Aster, Austrian fieldcress, Bedstraw, Beggartick, Biden, Bindweed, Bird vetch, Bitterweed, Bitter wintercress, Black-eyed Susan, Black medic, Black mustard, Blackseed plantain, Blessed thistle, Bloodflower, Blue lettuce, Blue vervain, Box elder, Bracted plantain, Brassbuttons, Bristly oxtongue, Broadleaf dock, Broadleaf plantain, Broomweed, Buckhorn, Buckhorn plantain, Bulbous buttercup, Bull nettle, Bull thistle, Burdock, Burning nettle, Bur ragweed, Burweed, Buttercup, Canada thistle, Carolina geranium, Carpetweed, Catchweed bedstraw, Catsear, Catnip, Chickweed, Chicory, Cinquefoil, Clover, Cockle, Coocklebur, Coffeebean, Coffeeweed, Common chickweed, Common mullein, Common Sowthistle, Corn chamomile, Creeping Jenny, Creeping Woodsorrel, Crimson clover, Croton, Cudweed, Curly dock, Curly indigo, Dandelion, Dead Nettle, Dock, Dogbane, Dogfennel, Dollarweed, Elderberry, English daisy, Fall dandelion, False dandelion, False flax, False sunflower, Fiddleneck, Field bindweed, Field pansy, Flea bane (Daisy), Flixweed Florida betony, Florida pusley, Frenshweed, Galinsoga, Garlic mustard, Goathead, Goatsbeard, Goldenrod, Ground ivy, Gumweed, Hairy bittercress, Hairy fleabane, Hawkweed, Healall, Heartleaf drymary, Hedge bindweed, Hedge mustard, Hemp, Henbit, Hoary cress, Hoary plantain, Hoary vervain, Honeysuckle, Hop clover, Horsenettle, Horsetail, Indiana mallow, Ironweed, Jewelweed, Jimsonweed, Kochia, Knawel, Knotweed, Lambsquarter, Lespedeza, Locoweed, Lupine, Mallow, Marshelder, Matchweed, Mexicanweed, Milk vetch, Milkweed, Mugwort, Morningglory, Mouseear chickweed, Musk thistle, Mustard, Narrowleaf plantain, Narrowleaf vetch, Nettle, Orange hawkweed, Oxalis, Oxeye daisy, Parsley-piert, Parsnip, Pearlwort, Pennycress, Pennywort, Peppergrass, Pepperweed, Pigweed, Pineywoods bedstraw, Plains coreopsis, Plantain, Poison hemlock, Poison ivy, Poison oak, Pokeweed, Poorjoe, Povertyweed, Prickly lettuce, Prickly side, Primrose, Prostrate knotweed, Prostrate pigweed, Prostrate spurge, Prostrate vervain, Puncture vine, Purslane, Ragweed, Red clover, Redroot pigweed, Red sorrel, Redstem filaree, Rough cinquefoil, Rough fleabane, Roundleafed marigold, Rush, Russian pigweed, Russian thistle, St. Johnswort, Scarlet pimpernel, Scotch thistle, Sheep sorrel, Shepherdspurse, Slender plantain, Smallflower galinsoga, Smartweed, Smooth dock, Smooth pigweed, Sneezeweed, Southern Wild Rose, Sowthistle, Spanishneedle, Spatterdock, Speedwell, Spiny amaranth, Spiny cocklebur, Spotted catsear, Spotted knapweed, Spotted spurge, Spurge, Spurweed, Stinging nettle, Stinkweed, Stichwort, Strawberry clover, Sumac, Sunflower, Sweet clover, Tall nettle, Tall vervain, Tansy mustard, Tansy ragwort, Tanweed, Tarweed, Thistle, Tick trefoil, Toadflax, Trailing crown vetch, Tumble mustard, Tumble pigweed, Tumbleweed, Velvetleaf, Venice mallow, Veronica, Vervain, Vetch, Virginia buttonweed, Virginia creeper, Virginia pepperweed, Wavyleaf bullthistle, Western Clematis, Western Salsify, White clover, White mustard, Wild mustard, Wild aster, Wild buckwheat, Wild carrot, Wild four-o'clock, Wild geranium, Wild lettuce, Wild marigold, Wild parsnip, Wild radish, Wild rape, Wild strawberry, Wild sweet potato, Wild vetch, Willow, Witchweed, Woolly morningglory, Woodsorrel, Woolly croton, Woolly plantain, Wormseed, Yarrow, Yellow Rocket, Yellow flower pepperweed, Yellow Woodsorrel, and other broadleaf weeds.
Kids & Pets
People and pets can enter the treated area after the spray has dried.
Do not apply directly to water. Be careful to also not contaminate water sources when disposing of any water used to clean the application equipment. The application of this product in areas where soils are permeable, particularly where the water table is shallow, may result in groundwater contamination. Application around a cistern or well may result in contamination of the groundwater.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 6ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';