In collaboration with our Foundation, each ScottsMiracle-Gro brand works to GroMoreGood. It’s our collective commitment to bring the powerful benefits of gardening and outdoor play to 10 million kids by 2023.
Here are ways Scotts Miracle-Gro is encouraging kids to enjoy the outdoors, while at the same time, protecting nature and all its beings—even the bugs.
- Ortho educates about the importance of pollinators. Our Foundation has supported the creation of 152,460 square feet of pollinator habitats across the country, and our Bee Responsible campaign with the Pollinator Stewardship Council has helped us make formulation changes and develop accurate educational messages.
- Miracle-Gro & National Head Start Association create edible gardens and provide hands-on education at Head Starts nationwide.
- Miracle-Gro & No Kid Hungry encourages home gardeners to purchase our canvas Harvest Donation Bag (each bag sold equals 20 meals for kids*) and fill it with extra produce to donate to a local food pantry, or other organizations looking to fight hunger in their community. Our Foundation also provides 1.5 million meals for at-risk kids each year.
- Miracle-Gro & KidsGardening offer annual GroMoreGood Grassroots Grants for community-driven garden and greenspace projects that directly engage youth across the country.
- Scotts and Major League Baseball partner to sponsor the annual Field Refurbishment Program, a series of $50,000 grants that support communities in need of youth-league field upgrades.
- The Bonnie Plants Cabbage Program sends more than a million cabbage plants to classrooms across the country to inspire a love of vegetable gardening in kids. One randomly selected young grower per state receives a $1,000 scholarship.
- Hawthorne & National Farm to School Network support a STEM-aligned hydroponic gardening education in underserved schools across the U.S.
- The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation & Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens created a two-acre, natural play space designed to nurture creativity, hands-on exploration, and unstructured play.
- The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation & National Recreation and Park Association’s Parks for Pollinators program helps kids get a hands-on education about pollinators in 60,000+ parks throughout the U.S
*$1 can provide up to 10 meals. Meal equivalency varies during COVID-19 relief. Learn more at NoKidHungry.org/OneDollar.