Ortho® Bug B-Gon™ Lawn Insect Killer
Ortho® Bug B-Gon™ Lawn Insect Killer
- Protect your lawn, landscape, and garden from bugs with Ortho® Bug B-gon™ Lawn Insect Killer; kills 142 insects, including ants, ticks, spiders, grubs, and fleas; kills above and below the ground
- OUTDOOR BUG KILLER: It kills all listed insects, and protects your lawn from ants for 6 months (except pharaoh, carpenter and harvester ants)
- KILLS BY CONTACT: Lawn insect killer starts to kill within minutes and provides 3 month control as listed
- OUTDOOR FORMULA: Can be used on your lawn, ornamentals, home perimeter and vegetable gardens (refer to back panel for listed edibles); one 10-lb. bag treats up to 16,500 sq. ft.
- FOR BEST RESULTS: Apply with a Scotts® Spreader and water in; allow the area to dry before children and pets re-enter
Specs and Details
- Bifenthrin: 0.20%
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
- If the product gets inside of the user's clothing/personal protection equipment (PPE), remove the materials immediately, wash thoroughly, and put on clean clothing.
- Causes moderate eye irritation. Harmful if swallowed.
- This is a nonrefillable container. Do not reuse.
- If empty: Place in the trash or offer for recycling (if available).
- If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place any unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
- This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
- Download Label
Safety Data Sheets can be found at scottsmsds.com
When and Where to Use
- This should not be used on hard surfaces like sidewalks, driveways, and streets.
- In New York State, this product may not be applied to any grass or turf area (lawns) within 100 ft. of a body of water (lake, pond, river, stream, wetland, drainage ditch). In New York State, you can make a single repeat application of this product if there are signs of renewed insect activity, but not sooner than two weeks after the first application.
Where to Use
- Use on residential lawns, ornamentals, flower beds, tomatoes, sweet corn, green peas, sugar snap peas, snow peas, green beans (wax beans, snap beans), dry beans (black-eyed peas, cow pea), cucumber, gourds, muskmelon, pumpkin, squash, watermelon, broccoli, Chinese broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kohlrabi, mustard greens, eggplant, head lettuce, peppers (bell and non-bell), and along home foundations.
When to Apply
- Apply to lawns and around home foundations early in the spring or summer to prevent infestation. Otherwise, apply at the first sign of insect damage or activity.
- Applications can be made to ornamentals, flowers, and vegetable gardens just before planting or as plants emerge.
- Do not make applications in the rain.
How Often to Apply
- Control for lawns
- For season long, 3 & 6 month control, apply 2.3 lbs. of product for every 1000 sq. ft./0.6 lbs. of product for every 250 sq. ft.
- Water the treated area following an application.
Using with other Products
- For best results, apply with a Scotts® drop, EdgeGuard®, or Elite spreader.
- Do not mix or allow this product to come into contact with an oxidizing agent as a hazardous chemical reaction may occur.
Ants (Acrobat, Allegheny Mound, Argentine, Big Headed, Black Turf, Citronella, Cornfield, Crazy, Fire, Ghost, Lasius spp, Little Black, Odorous, Pavement, Pyramid, Red Harvester, Small Honey, Sugar, Thief, White-Footed), Armyworms (Fall, Lawn), Beetles (Asiatic Garden, European Chafers, Green June, Masked Chafers, May/June, Oriental, Sugarcane, Billbugs (Bluegrass & Hunting), Black Turfgrass Ataenius, Dichondra Flea, Ground, Lady Beetles (Asian, Convergent, Seven-Spotted, Thirteen-Spotted & Twice-Stabbed), Weevils (Annual Bluegrass)), Bristletails, Caterpillars (Bagworms, Cutworms (Black, Bronzed, Granulate & Variegated), Fiery Skipper, Striped Grassworm, Webworms (Sod & Tropical Sod)), Centipedes, Chinch Bugs, Crickets (Arizona, Common Short Tailed, Eastern Striped, Fall Field, House, Indies Short Tailed, Northern Wood, Sand Field, Southeastern Field, Southern Wood, Spring Field, Texas Field, Tropical, Variable Field, Vocal Field, Western Striped), Earwigs, Firebrats, Fleas (cat), Flies (European Crane (adult and larvae), Frit, Fruit), Fungus Gnat (Adults and Larvae), Grasshoppers, Greenbug, Grubs (In vegetable gardens), Leaf-footed bugs, Leafhoppers, Leafrollers (Omnivorous), Mealybugs, Millipedes, Mites, Mole Crickets (Southern, Tawny, European, Northern, Prairie, Short-Winged), Moths (Lucerne), Pillbugs, Plant Bugs, Scale, Scorpions (Arizona Stripetail, California Common, Dune, Eastern Sand, Lesser Stripetail, Northern, Southern Unstriped, Yellow Ground), Seed Maggots, Sowbugs, Spiders (Burrowing Wolf, Longbodied Cellar, Marbled Cellar, Pirate Wolf, Shortbodied Cellar, Thinlegged Wolf), Spittle Bugs (Two Lined), Springtails, Ticks (American Dog, Brown Dog, Deer (including those that transmit Lyme Disease)), Treehoppers, Webworms (Grass), Weevils (Black Vine (larvae)), Root (larvae)), and Wireworms.
Kids & Pets
People and pets may re-enter the area after it has dried.
This product is extremely toxic to fish and aquatic invertebrates. To protect the environment, do not allow this pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters, or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Sweeping any product that lands on a driveway, sidewalk, or street, back onto the treated area of the lawn will help to prevent runoff to water bodies or drainage systems.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 23ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';