Ortho® Bugclear™ Insect Killer for Lawns & Landscapes Concentrate
Concentrate, 32 OZ
- Kill 235 bugs, including ants, ticks, armyworms, mosquitoes, fleas & spiders, with Ortho® BugClear™ Insect Killer for Lawns & Landscapes Concentrate
- Starts killing within minutes and provides long-lasting control
- Use on lawns, around a home's perimeter, and on ornamentals, flowers, trees, shrubs, vegetables & fruit trees
- Application is easy with an Ortho® Dial N' Spray or tank sprayer
- Each bottle makes up to 42 gallons of insect spray
Specs and Details
- Bifenthrin1: 0.300%
- Zeta-Cypermethrin2: 0.075%
- Wear a long-sleeved shirt, pants, socks, shoes, and gloves during application.
- Avoid contact with eyes or clothing and wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
- The empty container is not intended for refill and should be thrown out or recycled if available.
- If the container is not empty, call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions.
- Under no circumstances should the unused product be disposed of in a toilet or sewer.
- This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
- Download Label
- Safety Data Sheets can be found at scottsmsds.com
Kill outdoor insects with Ortho® BugClear™ Insect Killer for Lawns & Landscapes Concentrate. Kills ants, ticks, armyworms, mosquitoes, fleas, spiders, hornets, scorpions, and other listed insects. For best results, apply with an Ortho® Dial N' Spray or tank sprayer when bugs first appear. Non-staining and odor free, Ortho® BugClear™ Insect Killer for Lawns & Landscapes Concentrate starts killing within minutes and provides long-lasting control in your yard.
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
- In an effort to prevent runoff into sewers, storm drains, and curbside gutters, it should not be used to treat hard surfaces (e.g., driveways, sidewalks) unless the surface is protected from rainfall and spray from sprinklers.
Where to Use
- This product has been carefully formulated for residential outdoor use only on lawns, ornamentals, listed vegetables and fruit trees, shrubs, trees, around the home perimeter, porches, patios, and on stored lumber.
- Apply to a freshly mowed lawn as soon as insects appear.
- To prevent runoff, avoid making applications during rain.
How Often to Apply
- Ortho® BugClear™ Insect Killer for Lawns & Landscapes provides six-month control against a wide range of insects, but if a second treatment is needed, wait 4 to 6 weeks between applications.
- For mole cricket control only, water the lawn thoroughly immediately after application while taking care to avoid any runoff.
Using with other Products
- Wait at least 7 days following application of this product before applying a second product, such as plant food or soil.
- Hard-to-control insects may require 2 to 3 applications, so make sure you leave enough time in between for maximum results.
- Application is a breeze when you follow these simple mixing guidelines.
- For roses, ornamentals, vegetable gardens, melons, and fruit trees, mix 3 tablespoons of product per gallon of water and spray until plants are thoroughly covered.
- For all lawns, mix 1.5 to 5 tablespoons of product per gallon of water sprayed to cover 125 sq. ft.
- Finally, for use around house foundations, mix 3 tablespoons of product per gallon of water sprayed to cover 65 sq. ft.
Frequently Asked Questions
If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied with this product, mail us proof of purchase to obtain a full refund of your purchase price.
Adelgids (Eastern Sprucegall), Ants (Argentine, Carpenter, Harvester, Imported Fire, Lasius, Odorous House, Pavement, Pharaoh/Sugar, Pyramid), Aphids (Apple, Black Cherry, Black Pecan, Buckhorn, Greenbug, Pea, Root, Rose, Rosy Apple, Walnut, Yellow Pecan), Bees, Beetles, Bean Leaf, Billbugs (Bluegrass), Cucumber (Banded, Spotted & Striped), Black Turfgrass Ataenius, Blister, BrownLeaf Notcher, Carpet, Colorado Potato, CornRootworm Larvae (Mexican, Northern, Southern, & Western), Curculio (Cow Pea & Plum), Elm Leaf, Flea (Black, Dichondra,& Sweetpotato), Ground, Japanese Adult, Ladybeetles, Mexican Bean, Pine Chafer, Pine Shoot, Red Flour, Rose Chafer, Sap, Southern Corn Leaf, Weevils (Annual Bluegrass, Black Vine, Blue Green Citrus Root, Carrot, Cranberry, Diaprepes Root, Little Leaf Notcher, Northern Pine, Orchard,Orchid, Pea Leaf, Pecan, Pepper, Pine Shoot, & Sweet Potato), Whitefringed, Borers (American Plum, Common Stalk, European Corn, Hop Vine, Lesser Peachtree, Peach Twig, Peachtree, Southern Corn, Southwestern Corn, Squash Vine, Stalk), Boxelder Bug Caterpillars (Alfalfa, Alfalfa Looper,Armyworm, Beet, Fall, Southern, True, & Yellowstriped), Bagworms, Blueberry Spanworm, Budworm, Casebearers (Pecan Leaf & Pecan Nut), Celery Leaftier, Corn Earworm (same as Tomato Fruitworm), Cross-Striped, Cabbageworm, Cutworms (Black & Western Bean), Filbertworm, Fruitworms (Cranberry, Green, & Tomato), Green Cloverworm, Hickory Shuckworm, Imported Cabbageworm, Loopers (Cabbage & Celery), Melonworm, Navel Orangeworm, Orange Tortrix, Painted Lady, Pickleworm, Rindworm, Saltmarsh, Tent, Hornworms (Tobacco & Tomato), Tomato Pinworm, Webworms (Fall, Mimosa, Oak, & Sod), Velvetbean, Centipedes, Chinch Bugs, False, Hairy, Southern Cockroaches, American, Asian, Brown Banded, German, Smoky Brown, Crickets, Earwigs, Fleas (Cat, Dog), Fleahoppers, Flies (Apple Maggot, Biting Flies, Cherry Fruit, Cornsilk, European Crane, House, Walnut Husk), Fungus Gnats, Grasshoppers, Hornets, Lace Bugs, Leaooted Bugs, Squash Bug, Leafhoppers (Aster/California, Corn,Eastern Grape, Glassy Winged Sharpshooter, Potato, Southern Garden, Western Grape), Leafminers (Alder, Boxwood, Holly, Oak, Spruce Needle, Tentiform, Vegetable), Leafrollers (Oblique Banded,Red-Banded, Variegated), Mealybugs, Midges, Millipedes, Mites (Banks Grass, Broad, Carmine, Chigger, Clover, European, Grain, Pacic Spider, Pecan Leaf Scorch, Pecan Scorch, Red Spider, Spider, Spruce, Two-Spotted Spider), Mole Crickets, Mosquitos (Malaria, Northern House, Yellowfever, *including those that maytransmit the Chikungunya virus, yellowfever, dengue fever, encephalitis, West Nile Virus and Zika Virus), Moths (Artichoke Plume, Codling, Diamondback, Gypsy, Lucerne, Oriental Fruit, Zimmerman Pine), Periodical Cicadas, Pillbugs & Rollie Pollies, Plant Bugs (Tarnished, Lygus Bugs), Phylloxera (Pecan Leaf, Pecan), Psyllids, Sawies (European Pine, Redheaded Pine, Rose Slug), Scales (Brown Soft, California Red, Euonymus, Pine Needle, San Jose), Scorpions, Sowbugs, Spiders (Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Daddy Long Legs, Hobo, Pirate, Wolf), Spittlebugs (Meadow, Pecan), Stink Bugs (Brown Marmorated, Kudzu), Springtails, Termites, Thrips, Ticks (American Dog, Brown Dog, Deer *including ticks that may transmit Lyme disease), Treehoppers (Three cornered Alfalfa Hopper), Wasps, Whiteflies, Wireworms (Corn, Southern Potato), Yellowjackets
Kids & Pets
People (including small children) and pets may enter treated areas once the spray has completely dried.
Follow all instructions while applying to prevent runoff into nearby drains or the disturbance of neighboring species.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 4ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';