Ortho® Home Defense® MAX® Indoor Insect Barrier 1.5L
Ortho® Home Defense® MAX® Indoor Insect Barrier 1.5L
Fall is in the air. Take 20% off your purchase of $49 or more 🍂
- Ortho® Home Defense Max® Indoor Insect Barrier kills and prevents home invading insects including ants, roaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, scorpions, beetles, earwigs, silverfish, centipedes, and other common household bugs as listed and is ideal for small areas and spaces
- The compact size with sprayer allows you to easily apply as a preventative treatment or after you see evidence of insect activity indoors in kitchens, bathrooms, doors or windows, and basements; or outdoors wherever insects are a recurring problem
- The reusable sprayer is battery operated lasting for over 25 gallons, saving time and energy and cutting your time spraying in half
- The battery powered continuous and precise sprayer allows you to hold and spray with one hand without pumping, bending or hand fatigue in hard-to-reach areas
- Different spray patterns align to your needs and are ideal for small areas drying clear and odorless
Specs and Details
- Bifenthrin 0.05%
- Keep from freezing
- Do not apply in the rain
- Do not water the treated area to the point of run-off
- If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling if available
- If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
- This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
- Safety Data Sheets can be found at scottsmsds.com
Kill and prevent insects in the home with Ortho® Home Defense Max® Indoor Insect Barrier. This compact product creates a bug barrier against common listed household insects, including ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, scorpions, beetles, earwigs, silverfish, centipedes, and millipedes in small or large areas. In addition, the pesticide specifically kills and prevents ants, roaches, and spiders indoors on non-porous surfaces for 365 days. Use Ortho® Home Defense Max® Indoor Insect Barrier anytime as a preventative treatment or after you see evidence of insect activity inside or outside the home. You can apply with confidence indoors (kitchens, bathrooms, doors & windows, basements), as it leaves no stains or fumes and dries up to 30% faster (vs. other Ortho® formulas). All outdoor applications must be limited to spot or crack-and-crevice treatments only, except the following: treatment to soil or vegetation around structures, and applications to building foundations, up to a maximum height of 3 feet. The reusable sprayer is battery operated lasting for over 25 gallons, saving time and energy and cutting your time spraying in half. The battery powered continuous and precise sprayer allows you to spray without pumping, bending or hand fatigue in hard-to-reach areas.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
- Remove the pull strip to activate the batteries
- Set the sprayer nozzle to the desired spray pattern
- Shake well
- Slide the trigger switch to "Unlock"
- Press trigger to spray
- Hold the sprayer 12-inches from the surface being treated
- If spraying indoors, apply a 4-inch wide band along the interior of your home in areas where insects are a recurring problem. If spraying outdoors, apply a 12-inch wide band along the exterior of the home
- Spray until the area is slightly wet. Do not soak the area.
- When treatment is complete, turn nozzle to "Off" and slide the switch on the trigger to "Lock"
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
- Do NOT spray animals
- To help prevent product from running off into sewers, storm drains, and curbside gutters, do not treat hard flat surfaces (e.g., driveways, sidewalks) unless the surface is protected from rainfall and spray from sprinklers.
- Do not allow this product to contact water supplies
- Do not spray into air
Where to Use
- Use with confidence indoors - kitchens, bathrooms, doors & windows, basements - and outdoors wherever insects are a recurring problem.
- OUTDOOR APPLICATIONS INCLUDING HARD SURFACES All outdoor applications must be limited to spot or crack-and-crevice treatments only, except for the following permitted uses:
- Treatment to soil or vegetation around structures
- Applications to building foundations, up to a maximum height of 3 feet
- Other than applications to building foundations, all outdoor applications to hard surfaces such as sidewalks, driveways, patios, porches and structural surfaces (such as windows, doors, and eaves) are limited to spot and crack-and-crevice applications only. Application is prohibited directly into sewers or drains, or to any area like a gutter where drainage to sewers, storm drains, water bodies, or aquatic habitat can occur. Do not allow the product to enter any drain during or after application.
APPLICATION TO VERTICAL HARD SURFACES
- Pest control on outside surfaces and around buildings: Applications to hard vertical surfaces outdoors (e.g., foundations) are permitted to a maximum height of 3 feet above the ground. Sections of hard vertical surfaces that join to hard flat surfaces outdoors can only be treated if either 1) these sections are protected from rainfall and spray from sprinklers, or 2) the hard flat surfaces they touch do not drain into a sewer, storm drain, or curbside gutter.
Perimeter treatment: For sections of foundation that join to hard flat surfaces, the treated areas must be protected from rainfall and spray from sprinklers unless those hard flat surfaces do not drain into a sewer, storm drain, or curbside gutter.
Intended for residential use only.
When to Apply
- Apply anytime as a preventative treatment or after you see evidence of insect activity
How Often to Apply
- Repeat as needed. Re-treatment is recommended at least once per season (3 months) outdoors.
Frequently Asked Questions
If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied with this product, mail us proof of purchase to obtain a full refund of your purchase price.
Kids & Pets
Store in areas inaccessible to children. People and pets may re-enter treated area after the spray has dried.
This pesticide is extremely toxic to fish and aquatic invertebrates. To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Drift and run off from treated areas may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in neighboring areas. Care should be used when spraying to avoid fish and reptile pets in/around ornamental ponds. This product is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment or residues on blooming plants. Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming plants if bees are foraging in the treatment area.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 6ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';