Ortho® Home Defense® Termite & Destructive Bug Killer
- Ortho® Home Defense® Termite & Destructive Bug Killer will kill wood-detroying bugs, and you can apply it anytime as a preventative treatment for long-lasting control of termites (not in MA, NY, or RI)
- TARGETED CONTROL: Kill subterranean termites, carpenter ants, carpenter bees and other listed wood-destroying pests and home-invading insects with this treatment
- KILLS TERMITES UP TO 5 YEARS*: This effective termite spray does more than just kill carpenter ants on contact, it also provides peace of mind as it controls termites in treated areas for up to 5 years (*trenching application, not in MA, NY, or RI)
- USE WITH CONFIDENCE: Use around home perimeters, woodpiles, wood surfaces, and fences and tree stumps; keep people out of areas until sprays have dried
- EASY TO USE: To kill pests outdoors, apply with an Ortho® Dial N Spray® or tank sprayer; to create a barrier, dig a trench around the perimeter, mix this concentrate with water and apply with a watering can
Specs and Details
- Bifenthrin: 2.4%
- This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
Safety Data Sheets can be found at scottsmsds.com
Termites can be one of the most destructive and expensive pest issues to handle. With Ortho® Home Defense® Termite & Destructive Bug Killer you can get them under control and have long-lasting protection. This termite killer also works on carpenter ants, carpenter bees, wood-destroying beetles and home-invading insects such as box elder bugs, centipedes, mites, earwigs, firebrats, fleas, roaches, house flies, hornets, silverfish, spiders, springtails, ticks, wasps, yellow jackets, and more (as listed). It keeps on working, killing termites for up to 5 years (not in MA, NY, or RI). Use an Ortho® Dial N Spray® or tank sprayer to provide coverage along a home's perimeter as well as around wooden surfaces, wood piles, and tree stumps. To create a barrier against subterranean termites, first dig a trench around the perimeter, then mix this concentrated formula with water and then apply with a watering can. Apply at the first sign of insect activity or as a preventative treatment. Keep people out of areas until sprays have dried. Give yourself peace of mind with Ortho® Home Defense® Termite & Destructive Bug Killer.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
- See package for details on how to create a barrier against termites outdoors (trench treatment), apply against home-invading pests, apply as a wood treatment, application and apply as a perimeter treatment application.
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
- DO NOT treat structures that contain cisterns, wells, French drains or sump systems. Soil in the vicinity of wells, cisterns or ponds should not be treated. For those situations, contact your County Cooperative Extension Agent or consult a commercial pest control service. DO NOT treat soil that is water saturated or frozen, or in any conditions where run-off or movement from the treatment area (site) is likely to occur. DO NOT apply while it is raining. DO NOT use on pets. DO NOT use on edible or ornamental plants. Spray drift onto these plants should be rinsed off immediately with water.
Where to Use
- Foundations, wood piles, fences, tree stumps and stored lumber.
When to Apply
- Use as a preventative treatment to create a barrier, keeping termites out.
How Often to Apply
- Reapplication for subterranean termites should only be made when there has been a disruption of the chemical barrier in the soil due to construction, excavation, landscaping, etc. Reapplication should be made as a spot treatment in those areas. Annual reapplication of the entire premises must be avoided.
Frequently Asked Questions
If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied with this product, mail us proof of purchase to obtain a full refund of your purchase price.
What It Controls
- Termites, Ants (including carpenter ant, red harvester, pavement, odorous pyramid, argentine and pharaoh), carpenter bees, beetles, boxelder bugs, centipedes, chiggers, crickets, earwigs, firebrats, fleas, German cockroaches, house flies, hornets, millipedes, scorpions, silverfish, sowbugs, spiders (including black widow and brown recluse), springtails, ticks, wasps, wood destroying beetles and yellow jackets.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 11ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';