Ortho® Groundclear® Poison Ivy & Tough Brush Killer
Wand, 1.33 Gallon
- Kill poison ivy, poison oak, kudzu, wild blackberry and other listed weeds with Ortho GroundClear Poison Ivy & Tough Brush Killer
- See results in only 24 hours
- Rainproof in 2 hours
- Kills to the root
- The continuous spray Comfort Wand easily gets into hard-to-reach areas around homes, cabins, buildings, fences, and along trails
Specs and Details
- Triclopyr, triethylamine salt 0.70%
- Harmful if absorbed through the skin. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, or clothing. Wear long-sleeved shirt, long pants, shoes, and socks when applying this product.
- Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
- If desirable plants are accidentally sprayed, rinse off immediately with water.
- Non-refillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container.
- If empty: Place in the trash or offer for recycling if available.
- If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
- This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
- Download Label
- Safety Data Sheets can be found at scottsmsds.com
Use Ortho GroundClear Poison Ivy & Tough Brush Killer to kill over 60 types of weeds and brush, including poison ivy, poison oak, and wild blackberry. Also kills honeysuckle, kudzu, ragweeds, dandelion, and other weeds as listed. The attached Comfort Wand makes spot treatment around homes, cabins, buildings, fences, and along trails. You'll start to see results in only 24 hours. The formula is rainproof in 2 hours and kills to the root. Trust Ortho GroundClear Poison Ivy & Tough Brush Killer to take out tough weeds.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
To get rid of poison ivy, poison oak, and other tough weeds with Ortho® GroundClear® Poison Ivy & Tough Brush Killer:
Prep Ortho® GroundClear® Poison Ivy & Tough Brush Killer
- Remove sprayer from the holster.
- Remove pull strip to activate the batteries.
- Unfold the Comfort Wand® until it clicks into position.
Connect the Comfort Wand®
- Unwrap the hose and insert into the spout on the bottle until it clicks.
- Twist knob to "On."
Spraying the poison ivy killer and poison oak treatment
- Turn sprayer nozzle to desired spray pattern.
- Slide switch on trigger to "Unlock."
- Press trigger to begin to spray.
- Turn nozzle to "Off."
- Slide switch on trigger to "Lock."
- Twist knob to "Off."
- Fold the Comfort Wand® closed and place the sprayer back into the holster.
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
- Do not use on or around edible feed or food crops or where grazing is allowed.
- Do not allow spray to contact desirable vegetation or ornamental plants, as injury may result.
- Not recommended for weed control in lawns.
Where to Use
- Use for spot treatment in non-garden areas: around homes, cabins, buildings, fences, and trails.
When to Apply
- For best results when treating trees, apply when trees are small.
- Apply when weeds are leafed out and actively growing. For best results, apply to mature leaves.
- Apply when air is calm to prevent drift to desirable vegetation or plants.
How Often to Apply
- Hard to kill weeds may require retreatment if regrowth occurs.
- The maximum application rate is 9 lbs. an acre (0.62 fl. oz. product/sq. ft.).
- Handle dead plants with rubber gloves.
- Dispose of plants and rubber gloves in tightly sealed garbage bags.
- Rain or watering 2 hours after application will not reduce effectiveness.
Frequently Asked Questions
If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied with this product, mail us proof of purchase to obtain a full refund of your purchase price.
- Woody Plants, Vines, and Brambles: Arkansas Rose, Big Leaf Maple*, Black Willow*, Black Cottonwood*, Blackberries, Box Elder, California Rose, Chokecherry*, Common Ragweed, Elderberry*, Elm*, Evergreen Blackberry, Field Horsetail Rush, Giant Ragweed, Himalayan Blackberry, Honeysuckle, Kudzu, Mackenzie Willow, Maple*, Mesquite*, Mimosa*, Narrow Leaf Willow*, Oak*, Persimmon*, Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, Ragweeds, Raspberry, Red Alder*, Sassafras*, Scouler Willow*, Sweet Gum*, Trailing Blackberry, Trumpet Creeper, Virginia Creeper, Wild Blackberry, Wild Rose, Wild Grape, Willow* (*small volunteer plants or "suckers" only or small trees)
- Weeds: Bindweed (Wild Morning Glory), Broadleaf Plantain, Buckhorn Plantain, Buttercup, Canada Thistle, Carpetweed, Chickweed, Creeping Woodsorrel, Curly Dock, Dandelion, English Daisy, Florida Pusley, Ground Ivy, Horsetail Rush, Knotweed, Narrowleaf Plantain, Oxalis, Purslane, Spurge, Tansy Ragwort, White Clover, Wild Garlic
Kids & Pets
- People and pets may reenter the treated area after it has dried.
To protect the environment, do not allow the pesticide to enter or runoff into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters, or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours to help ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 9ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';