Ortho® GroundClear® Super Weed & Grass Killer
Ortho® GroundClear® Super Weed & Grass Killer
The battery-powered Comfort Wand® gives your hands a break with its one-touch continuous spray.
Simply attach the battery-powered Ortho® Comfort Wand® from your previous bottle to your new Refill bottle to spot treat weeds with a continuous stream — no bending or pumping required.
24 oz. Trigger
Perfect for spot-treating! Simply point and squeeze.
- The dual action formula of Ortho® GroundClear® Super Weed & Grass Killer1 kills even the toughest types of weeds and grasses working on contact for fast results while moving down to the roots
- FAST-ACTING: Weeds start to wilt within hours and completely die in 1-2 weeks with this quick kill formula that is rainfast 15 minutes after it's applied
- MAXIMUM CONTROL: This weed killer starts to work on contact as it is absorbed into the plant and works through its system to kill weeds right down to the root so they don't come back
- WEEDS CAN'T HIDE: Ortho® GroundClear® will effectively kills weeds wherever they are - in gravel and mulch beds; around landscape areas; on patios, walkways, and driveways; and along fences and buildings
- ONE-SHOT: Apply with the attached trigger sprayer to kill over 175 different weed and grass types including crabgrass, dandelion, and nutsedge
Specs and Details
- Diquat dibromide: 0.20%
Dicamba, Dimethylamine salt: 0.05%
- Avoid contact with skin or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals. May cause eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes. Protective eyewear is strongly recommended when mixing and applying this product.
- If container is empty: The container is nonrefillable and should not be reused. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
If container is partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place any unused product down an indoor or outdoor drain.
Use Ortho® GroundClear® Super Weed & Grass Killer1 to kill over 175 different weed and grass types including crabgrass, dandelion, nutsedge, and oxalis. The quick kill, dual-action formula starts working immediately as one ingredient kills on contact while the other penetrates deep into the plant to kill all the way down to the roots. Sprayed weeds usually begin to wilt within hours after being treated, with weeds completely killed in 1 to 2 weeks. Apply this ready-to-use weed and grass killer in landscape areas, patios, walkways, gravel, mulched areas, along houses and fence lines, and on driveways when weeds are actively growing and the air is calm. It's easy to use, simply turn the sprayer nozzle to the desired setting and squeeze the trigger repeatedly. Rainfall or watering 15 minutes after application will not reduce the effectiveness of this powerful weed control. A single application of Ortho® GroundClear® Super Weed & Grass Killer1 will start to control even the toughest weeds and grass right down to the roots.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
- First, gently shake the bottle of Ortho® GroundClear® Super Weed & Grass Killer1 Ready-to-Use Spray. Next Set the sprayer nozzle to the desired setting.
Squeeze the trigger repeatedly to spray.
Apply in a uniform pattern.
Make sure to spray only the weeds you want to kill by thoroughly wetting the foliage but DO NOT spray in a way that will create runoff.
When you are finished with the application, turn the sprayer nozzle to "Off."
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
- DO NOT spray this weed killer on or around food or feed crops. You should also not spray any plants you want to keep.
Where to Use
- Ortho GroundClear Super Weed & Grass Killer1 can be used to spot-treat weeds around perennial landscape plants, shrubs or trees. It can also be used across patios, walkways, driveways, gravel or mulch beds, and along fences or around buildings.
It can also be used in broadcast applications when performing lawn renovations or preparing landscaped areas.
When to Apply
- To achieve the best results, apply when weeds are actively growing, the air is calm, and the temperature is above 60°F. Applying in calm weather when rain is not predicted for 24 hours will also help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area.
How Often to Apply
- Do not make more than two broadcast applications per year.
- If the soil in the area that is to be treated is dry, water every other day for a week before applying this weed killer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Alder, Aspen Quaking, Bahiagrass, Barley Wild, Bedstraw, Beggarweed, Beggarweed Creeping, Beggarweed Florida, Bermudagrass, Bentgrass, Bindweed Field, Blackberry Wild, Bluegrass, Bluegrass Annual, Bluegrass Kentucky, Brassbuttons, Broadleaf Signalgrass,Bromegrass, Bromegrass Smooth, Brownseed, Brome Downy, Bur clover, Buttercup, Buttercup Roughseed, Buttercup Tall, Carrot Wild (Queen Anne’s Lace), Catchy Nightowering, Cattail, Ceanothus, Centipedegrass, Chamomile Corn, Cheeseweed, Chickweed, Chickweed Common, Chickweed Mouseear, Clover, Clovers (Annual), Clover Red, Clover Sweet, Clover White, Cockle White, Cocklebur, Cogongrass, Coral bead, Crabgrass, Crabgrass Hairy, Crabgrass Large,Crabgrass Smooth, Crabgrass Southern, Crabgrass Tropical,Creeping Charlie, Cupgrass Prairie, Cupgrass Southwestern, Cupgrass Woolly, Cudweed Purple, Dallisgrass, Dandelion, Dandelion False, Dewberry, Dock Curly, Dog fennel (Cypressweed), Eveningprimrose, Eveningprimrose Common, Eveningprimrose Cutleaf, Fennel, Fescue species, Fescue Tall, Fiddleneck, Filaree, Foxtail, Foxtail Giant, Foxtail Green, Foxtail Yellow, Geranium Wild, Goosegrass, Groundsel Common, Guineagrass Seedling, Henbit, Horsenettle, Horseradish, Iceplant, Ironweed, Itchgrass, Johnsongrass, Johnsongrass Rhizome, Johnsongrass Seedling, Junglerice, Kikuyugrass, Knapweed, Knapweed Black, Knapweed Diuse, Knapweed Russian, Knapweed Spotted,Knawel,, Knotweed, Kochia, Ladysthumb, Lambsquarters, Lambsquarters Common, Lantana,Lettuce Prickly, Little Bitter Cress, London Rocket, Lovegrass Diuse, Mallow, Mallow Common, Mallow Venice, Marestail (Horseweed), Mayweed, Medic Black, Medic Blue, Milkweed, Morningglory Ivyleaf, Morningglory Tall, Morningglory Wild, Mullein Common, Mustard Blue, Mustard Tansy, Mustard Tumble, Mustard Wild, Nimblewill, Nutsedge (Nutgrass), Nutsedge yellow, Nutsedge purple, Oats wild, Oldenlandia, Orchardgrass, Oxalis, Oxalis yellow, Pampasgrass, Panicum Fall, Panicum Texas, Paspalum, Pennycress Field (Fanweed, Frenchweed, Stinkweed), Pennywort, Pigweed, Pigweed Prostrate, Pigweed Redroot (Carelessweed), Pigweed Rough, Pigweed Smooth, Pigweed Tumble, Plantain, Plantain Broadleaf, Plantain Buckhorn, Plantain common, Puncturevine, Purslane, Purslane Common, Pusley Florida, Quackgrass, Rabbitfootgrass, Ragweed, Ragweed Common, Ragweed Giant (Bualoweed), Ragwort Tansy, Sandbur Field, Sandbur Southern, Sandspur, Sesbania Hemp, Shattercane, Shepherdspurse, Sida Prickly (Teaweed), Smartweed, Smartweed Green, Smartweed Pennsylvania, Smartweed Swamp, Smooth Cat’s Ear, Sorghum almum, Sourdock, Sowthistle, Sowthistle Annual, Sowthistle Spiny, Sprangletop, Spurge, Spurge Garden, Spurge Leafy, Spurge Prostrate, Spurge Spotted, Starthistle Yellow, St. Augustine grass, Thistle Artichoke, Thistle Bull, Thistle Canada, Timothy, Toadax Blue, Torpedograss, Trumpetcreeper (Buckvine), Vaseygrass, Velvetleaf, Virginia Creeper, Whitetop, Wild Oats, Wild Proso Millet, Wirestem Muhly, Witchgrass, Yarrow, Yarrow Common
Kids & Pets
People and pets may enter the treated area after it has dried.
Do not allow this product to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. This product is toxic to plants and may adversely impact the forage and habitat of non-target organisms, including pollinators, in areas adjacent to the treated site. This pesticide is toxic to aquatic invertebrates.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 6ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';