Ortho GroundClear Super Weed & Grass Killer1 with Comfort Wand
Ortho GroundClear Super Weed & Grass Killer1 with Comfort Wand
Fall is in the air. Take 20% off your purchase of $49 or more 🍂
- Ortho® GroundClear® Super Weed & Grass Killer₁ Kills the toughest weeds and grasses to the root so they don’t come back, including clover, dandelion, oxalis, chickweed, and crabgrass
- Our weed killer absorbs on contact, starts working immediately, and is rainfast in 15 minutes after application
- Apply this herbicide when weeds are actively growing and the air temperature is above 60°F
- Use in perennial beds, around trees, shrubs and around fences, and on patios, paths, sidewalks, sidewalk cracks, walkways, and driveways
- Comfort Wand provides precision control to maximize every spray; 1 gal. treats 350 sq. ft.
Specs and Details
- Diquat dibromide: 0.20%
- Fluazifop-P-Butyl: 0.07%
- Dicamba, Dimethylamine salt: 0.05%
- May cause eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes. Protective eyewear is strongly recommended when applying this product. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals.
- Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container.
If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place any unused product down an indoor or outdoor drain.
Ortho® GroundClear® Super Weed & Grass Killer₁ kills the toughest weeds and grasses to the root so they don’t come back, including clover, dandelion, oxalis, chickweed, and crabgrass. Absorbs on contact and starts working immediately. In addition, it is rainfast 15 minutes after application. Use Ortho® GroundClear® Super Weed & Grass Killer₁ around trees and shrubs, around fences and on patios, paths, sidewalks, sidewalk cracks, walkways, and driveways. Apply when weeds are actively growing and the air temperature is above 60°F. The Comfort Wand® provides precision control to maximize every spray. Sprayed weeds begin to wilt hours after application, with complete kill within days to 1 to 2 weeks. People and pets may re-enter after the treated area has been allowed to dry.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
- Prepare to fight weeds by removing sprayer from the holder on the side of the Ortho® GroundClear® Super Weed & Grass Killer1 with Comfort Wand® bottle. (The first time this product is used you'll need to activate the batteries by removing the pull strip.)
Next unfold the wand until it clicks into position.
Unwrap hose and insert hose connector into spout on the cap. When it clicks, it's in place.
Shake gently before using. Twist knob to “ON.” Set your desired spray pattern on the spray nozzle, then slide the trigger switch to “Unlock.”
Squeeze trigger to spray.
When you have treated all of the weeds, turn the sprayer nozzle to “OFF" and slide the trigger switch to “Lock."
Fold wand closed and place sprayer back in holder.
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
- DO NOT spray this weed killer on or around food or feed crops. You should also not spray any plants you want to keep.
Where to Use
- Ortho® GroundClear® Super Weed & Grass Killer1 can be used to spot-treat weeds around perennial landscape plants, shrubs or trees. It can also be used across patios, walkways, driveways, gravel or mulch beds, and along fences or around buildings.
It can also be used in broadcast applications when performing lawn renovations or preparing landscaped areas.
When to Apply
- To achieve the best results, apply when weeds are actively growing, the air is calm, and the temperature is above 60°F. Applying in calm weather when rain is not predicted for 24 hours will also help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area.
How Often to Apply
- Do not make more than two broadcast applications per year.
- If the soil in the area that is to be treated is dry, water every other day for a week before applying this weed killer.
Frequently Asked Questions
If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied with this product, mail us proof of purchase to obtain a full refund of your purchase price.
- Alder; Aspen, Quaking; Bahiagrass; Barley, Wild; Bedstraw; Beggarweed; Beggarweed, Creeping; Beggarweed, Florida; Bermudagrass; Bentgrass; Bindweed, Field; Blackberry, Wild; Bluegrass; Bluegrass, Annual; Bluegrass, Kentucky; Brassbuttons; Broadleaf Signalgrass; Bromegrass; Bromegrass, Smooth; Brownseed; Brome, Downy; Bur clover; Buttercup; Buttercup, Roughseed; Buttercup, Tall; Carrot, Wild (Queen Anne’s Lace); Catchy, Nighflowering; Cattail; Ceanothus; Centipedegrass; Chamomile, Corn; Cheeseweed; Chickweed; Chickweed, Common; Chickweed, Mouseear; Clover; Clovers (Annual); Clover, Red; Clover, Sweet; Clover, White; Cockle, White; Cocklebur; Cogongrass; Coral bead; Crabgrass; Crabgrass, Hairy; Crabgrass, Large; Crabgrass, Smooth; Crabgrass, Southern; Crabgrass, Tropical; Creeping Charlie; Cupgrass, Prairie; Cupgrass, Southwestern; Cupgrass, Woolly; Cudweed, Purple; Dallisgrass; Dandelion; Dandelion, False; Dewberry; Dock, Curly; Dog fennel (Cypressweed); Eveningprimrose; Eveningprimrose, Common; Eveningprimrose, Cutleaf; Fennel; Fescue species; Fescue, Tall; Fiddleneck; Filaree; Foxtail; Foxtail, Giant; Foxtail, Green; Foxtail, Yellow; Geranium, Wild; Goosegrass; Groundsel, Common; Guineagrass, Seedling; Henbit; Horsenettle; Horseradish; Iceplant; Ironweed; Itchgrass; Johnsongrass; Johnsongrass, Rhizome; Johnsongrass, Seedling; Junglerice; Kikuyugrass; Knapweed; Knapweed, Black; Knapweed, Diffuse; Knapweed, Russian; Knapweed, Spotted; Knawel; Knotweed; Kochia; Ladysthumb; Lambsquarters; Lambsquarters, Common; Lantana; Lettuce, Prickly; Little Bitter Cress; London Rocket; Lovegrass, Diffuse; Mallow; Mallow, Common; Mallow, Venice; Marestail (Horseweed); Mayweed; Medic, Black; Medic, Blue; Milkweed; Morningglory, Ivyleaf; Morningglory, Tall; Morningglory, Wild; Mullein, Common; Mustard, Blue; Mustard, Tansy; Mustard, Tumble; Mustard, Wild; Nimblewill; Nutsedge (Nutgrass); Nutsedge, yellow; Nutsedge, purple; Oats, wild; Oldenlandia; Orchardgrass; Oxalis; Oxalis, yellow; Pampasgrass; Panicum, Fall; Panicum, Texas; Paspalum; Pennycress, Field (Fanweed, Frenchweed, Stinkweed); Pennywort; Pigweed; Pigweed, Prostrate; Pigweed, Redroot (Carelessweed); Pigweed, Rough; Pigweed, Smooth; Pigweed, Tumble; Plantain; Plantain, Broadleaf; Plantain, Buckhorn; Plantain, common; Puncturevine; Purslane; Purslane, Common; Pusley, Florida; Quackgrass; Rabbitfootgrass; Ragweed; Ragweed, Common; Ragweed, Giant (Buffaloweed); Ragwort, Tansy; Red Rice; Ryegrass, Annual; Ryegrass, Italian; Ryegrass, Perennial; Sandspur; Sesbania, Hemp; Shattercane; Shepherdspurse; Sida, Prickly (Teaweed); Smartweed; Smartweed, Green; Smartweed, Pennsylvania; Smartweed, Swamp; Smooth Cat’s Ear; Sorghum almum; Sourdock; Sowthistle; Sowthistle, Annual; Sowthistle, Spiny; Sprangletop; Spurge; Spurge, Garden; Spurge, Leafy; Spurge, Prostrate; Spurge, Spotted; Starthistle, Yellow; St. Augustine grass; Thistle, Artichoke; Thistle, Bull; Thistle, Canada; Timothy; Toadflax, Blue; Torpedograss; Trumpetcreeper (Buckvine); Vaseygrass; Velvetleaf; Virginia Creeper; Whitetop; Wild Oats; Wild Proso Millet; Wirestem Muhly; Witchgrass; Yarrow; Yarrow, Common.
Kids & Pets
People and pets can enter the treated area after the spray has dried.
- Do not allow this product to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. This product is toxic to plants and may adversely impact the forage and habitat of non-target organisms, including pollinators, in areas adjacent to the treated site. This pesticide is toxic to aquatic invertebrates.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 22ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';