Ortho® Weed B-Gon™ Lawn Weed Killer Concentrate
Concentrate, 1 Gallon
- Kills dandelions, clover and other broadleaf weeds
- Won’t harm the lawn (when used as directed)
- Kills weeds to the root
- Kills 250+ listed weeds (see label for listed weeds)
- Results in hours
Specs and Details
- 2.127% Dimethylamine Salt of Mecoprop-p Acid; 8.658% Dimethylamine Salt of 2,4-D Acid; 0.371% Dicamba Acid
- Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, or using tobacco.
- The container is nonrefillable. Do not reuse or refill.
If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
- This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
Safety Data Sheets can be found at scottsmsds.com
Ortho® Weed B-gon™ Lawn Weed Killer Concentrate kills weeds to the root. When used as directed, you can kill over 250+ weeds without damaging your lawn. Ortho® Weed B-gon™ is specially designed for Northern and Southern lawns and may be applied with the Ortho® Dial ‘N Spray® Hose-End Sprayer or any other tank sprayer. See results in hours!
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
- Apply Ortho® Weed B-gon™ Lawn Weed Killer Concentrate using an Ortho® Dial 'N Spray® or other hose-end sprayer. Application can also be made with a tank sprayer.
Hose End Sprayer
Set the dial to 2 oz. for Northern Lawns or 1 oz. for Southern Lawns.
Pour the desired amount of concentrate into the sprayer jar. (2 fl. oz. per 500 sq. ft. for Northern Lawns and 1 fl. oz. per 500 sq. ft. for Southern Lawns)
Turn the sprayer nozzle to the desired spray pattern.
Do not add water.
Connect the garden hose to the sprayer.
Turn on the water.
Press and hold the trigger for a continuous spray.
Spray only until the surface of the lawn is wet.
Pour any unused concentrate back into its original container.
Clean the hose-end sprayer according to its cleaning instructions.
Add 2 fl. oz. per gallon of water to treat 500 sq. ft. for Northern Lawns or 1 fl. oz. per gallon of water to treat 500 sq. ft. for Southern Lawns
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
- Do not use on Floratram variety of St. Augustinegrass, Bentgrass (colonial and creeping), Carpetgrass, Dichondra, Lippia, Ornamental plants (flowers, trees, groundcovers, landscape beds and shrubs), Gardens (including vegetables, fruit trees, vines, and berries), Seashore Paspalum, and turfgrass species that are not listed.
Do not apply directly to, or near, water, storm drains, gutters, sewers, or drainage ditches.
Applications should not be made within 25 feet of rivers, fish ponds, lakes, streams, reservoirs, marshes, estuaries, bays, and oceans.
Do not spray the exposed roots of desirable plants.
Where to Use
- Use on established, residential lawns of St. Augustinegrass (do not use on Floratam), Bermudagrass (common and hybrid), Centipedegrass, Zoysiagrass, Buffalograss, Bahiagrass, Kentucky bluegrass, Ryegrass, Tall fescue, and Fine fescue.
When to Apply
- Applications should be made when weeds are small and actively growing in the spring or fall, when daytime temperatures are below 90°F, and the air is calm. Do not apply to hybrid Bermudagrass when daytime temperatures exceed 85°F.
How Often to Apply
- Do not exceed two applications a year with at least 30 days between applications.
- If the lawn is dry, water thoroughly before applying this product.
For maximum effectiveness, do not water the lawn for 12 hours after an application.
Using with other Products
- Apply Ortho® Weed B-gon™ Lawn Weed Killer Concentrate using an Ortho® Dial 'N Spray® (or other hose-end sprayer).
- In a tank sprayer add 2 fl. oz. per gallon of water to treat 500 sq. ft. for Northern Lawns or 1 fl. oz. per gallon of water to treat 500 sq. ft. for Southern Lawns
Frequently Asked Questions
If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied with this product, mail us proof of purchase to obtain a full refund of your purchase price.
Alder, Annual yellow sweet clover, Artichoke, Aster, Austrian fieldcress, Bedstraw, Beggartick, Biden, Bindweed, Bird vetch, Bitterweed, Bitter wintercress, Black-eyed Susan, Black medic, Black mustard, Blackseed plantain, Blessed thistle, Bloodflower, Blue lettuce, Blue vervain, Box elder, Bracted plantain, Brassbuttons, Bristly oxtongue, Broadleaf dock, Broadleaf plantain, Broomweed, Buckhorn, Buckhorn plantain, Bulbous buttercup, Bull nettle, Bull thistle, Burdock, Burning nettle, Bur ragweed, Burweed, Buttercup, Canada thistle, Carolina geranium, Carpetweed, Catchweed bedstraw, Catsear, Catnip, Chickweed, Chicory, Cinquefoil, Clover. Cockle, Cocklebur, Coffeebean, Coffeeweed, Common chickweed, Common mullein, Common sowthistle, Corn chamomile, Creeping Jenny, Creeping Woodsorrel, Crimson clover, Croton, Cudweed, Curly dock, Curly indigo, Dandelion, Dead Nettle, Dock, Dogbane, Dogfennel, Dollarweed, Elderberry, English daisy, Fall dandelion, False dandelion, False flax, False sunflower, Fiddleneck, Field bindweed, Field pansy, Flea bane (Daisy), Flixweed, Florida betony, Florida pusley, Frenchweed, Galinsoga, Garlic mustard, Goathead, Goatsbeard, Goldenrod, Ground ivy, Gumweed, Hairy bittercress, Hairy fleabane, Hawkweed, Healall, Heartleaf drymary, Hedge bindweed, Hedge mustard, Hemp, Henbit Hoary cress, Hoary plantain, Hoary vervain, Honeysuckle, Hop clover, Horsenettle, Horsetail, Indiana mallow, Ironweed, Jewelweed, Jimsonweed, Kochia, Knawel, Knotweed, Lambsquarter, Lespedeza, Locoweed, Lupine, Mallow, Marshelder, Matchweed, Mexicanweed, Milk vetch, Milkweed, Mugwort, Morningglory, Mouseear chickweed, Musk thistle, Mustard, Narrowleaf plantain, Narrowleaf vetch, Nettle, Orange hawkweed, Oxalis, Oxeye daisy, Parsley-piert, Parsnip, Pearlwort, Pennycress, Pennywort, Peppergrass, Pepperweed, Pigweed, Pineywoods bedstraw, Plains coreopsis, Plantain, Poison hemlock, Poison ivy, Poison oak, Pokeweed, Poorjoe, Povertyweed, Prickly lettuce, Prickly sida, Primrose, Prostrate knotweed, Prostrate pigweed, Prostrate spurge, Prostrate vervain, Puncture vine, Purslane, Ragweed, Red clover, Redroot pigweed, Red sorrel, Redstem filaree, Rough cinquefo, Roundleafed marigold, Rush, Russian pigweed, Russian thistle, St. Johnswort, Scarlet pimpernel, Scotch thistle, Sheep sorrel, Shepherdspurse, Slender plantain, Smallflower galinsoga, Smartweed, Smooth dock, Smooth pigweed, Sneezeweed, Southern Wild Rose, Sowthistle, Spanishneedle, Spatterdock, Speedwell, Spiny amaranth, Spiny cocklebur, Spotted catsear, Spotted knapweed, Spotted spurge, Spurge, Spurweed, Stinging nettle, Stinkweed, Stichwort, Strawberry clover, Sumac, Sunflower, Sweet clover, Tall nettle, Tall vervain, Tansy mustard, Tansy ragwort, Tanweed, Tarweed, Thistle, Tick trefoil, Toadflax, Trailing crown vetch,Tumble mustard, Tumble pigweed, Tumbleweed, Velvetleaf, Venice mallow, Veronica, Vervain, Vetch, Virginia buttonweed, Virginia creeper, Virginia pepperweed, Wavyleaf bullthistle, Western clematis, Western salsify, White clover, White mustard, Wild mustard, Wild aster, Wild buckwheat, Wild carrot, Wild four-o'clock, Wild geranium, Wild lettuce, Wild marigold, Wild parsnip, Wild radish, Wild rape, Wild strawberry, Wild sweet potato, Wild vetch, Willow, Witchweed, Woolly morningglory, Woodsorrel, Woolly croton, Woolly plantain, Wormseed, Yarrow, Yellow Rocket, Yellow flower pepperweed, Yellow Woodsorrel and other broadleaf weeds.
Kids & Pets
People and pets may reenter the treated area after it has dried.
To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or runoff into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters, or surface water. Applying in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid run off to water bodies or drainage systems.
The use of this chemical in areas where soils are permeable, particularly where the water table is shallow, may result in groundwater contamination. Application around a cistern or well may result in contamination of drinking water or groundwater.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 8ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';