Ortho® WeedClear™ Lawn Weed Killer Ready-to-Use (North)
Trigger, 1 Gallon
- Kill weeds without harming your lawn (when used as directed) with Ortho WeedClear Lawn Weed Killer Ready-to-Use with Trigger Sprayer; kills all major broadleaf weeds (see label for weed list), including dandelion, chickweed and crabgrass
- RESULTS IN HOURS: This weed killer is rainproof in 1 hour and delivers visible results in hours, after just one application.
- OVER 200 TYPES OF WEEDS: Kills weeds to the roots and won't harm the lawn when used as directed; kills over 200 types of weeds (see label for weed list)
- FOR MULTIPLE LAWN VARIETIES: For use on grasses including Bermudagrass, Buffalograss, Tall Fescue, Fine Fescues, Kentucky Bluegrass, Ryegrass, and Zoysiagrass
- SPOT TREAT WEEDS: Simply attach the Trigger Sprayer from the side of the bottle to easily target weeds with your desired nozzle setting
Specs and Details
- 2,4-D, dimethylamine salt: 0.313%
- Quinclorac: 0.104%
- Dicamba, dimethylamine salt: 0.029%
- This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
- Download Label
- Safety Data Sheets can be found at scottsmsds.com
Kill weeds down to the root without harming your lawn (when used as directed)! Ortho® WeedClear™ Lawn Weed Killer Ready-to-Use with Trigger Sprayer kills, controls and suppresses the growth of over 200 types of weeds, all major broadleaf weeds (see label for complete weed list), dandelion, chickweed, clover, crabgrass, signalgrass, and foxtail. The fast-acting formula is rainproof in one hour and delivers visible results after just one application. The herbicide is specially formulated to kill weeds all the way down to the roots and won't harm the lawn when used as directed. To use, install the Ortho® WeedClear™Trigger Sprayer from the side of the bottle and select your desired nozzle setting to easily spot-treat and kill weeds. Apply when weeds are young and actively growing in the spring and fall. It can be applied on multiple lawn and turfgrass varieties, including Bermudagrass, Buffalograss, Tall and Fine fescues, Kentucky Bluegrass, Ryegrass, and Zoysiagrass. People and pets may re-enter once treated area has dried.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
- Ortho® WeedClear™ Lawn Weed Killer Ready to Use is easy to apply. First, remove the sprayer from the bottle by sliding the sprayer up.
- Second, insert hose connector into the bottle cap spout until it clicks, and twist knob to "on."
- Third, to apply, turn the nozzle to the desired spray, and squeeze the trigger to lightly cover weed leaves.
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
- This residential outdoor herbicide is not intended for use on the following grasses: St. Augustinegrass, Bahiagrass, Bentgrass, Centipedegrass, Carpetgrass, Seashore paspalum, Lawns with desirable clovers or legumes, Dichondra, ornamental plants (flowers, trees, groundcovers, landscape beds and shrubs), certain Turfgrass species, and tardens including vegetables, fruit trees, vines and berries.
Where to Use
- Ortho® WeedClear™ Lawn Weed Killer is intended for the treatment of individual weeds, patches of weeds, or sparse weeds scattered throughout the following established turfgrass types: Kentucky bluegrass, ryegrass, tall fescue, fine fescues, Bermudagrass, zoysiagrass, and buffalograss.
When to Apply
- The best time to apply this product is when weeds are small and actively growing in the spring or fall. Apply when daytime temperatures are between 45 degrees and 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Do not apply above 85 degrees Fahrenheit for Bermudagrass. For new lawns, apply only when grass has reached a height of a least 2 inches.
- Avoid applications during the spring transition of the warm season grasses and during periods of extremely high temperatures.
How Often to Apply
- Certain hard-to-kill weeds may need to be spot treated in 14 days after first application.
Protect the desirable plants in your yard by avoiding a fine mist spray, as this can drift and raises the risk for injury to surrounding species.
- If your lawn is looking a little thirsty, water 24 hours prior to application.
- To avoid potential runoff, do not water 24 hours after treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied with this product, mail us proof of purchase to obtain a full refund of your purchase price.
Crabgrass, large and smooth; Foxtail, green, yellow and giant; Kikuyugrass; Signalgrass, broadleaf; Annual yellow sweet clover; Aster; Austrian fieldcress; Bedstraw; Beggarticks; Betony, Florida; Bindweed, field; Bird vetch; Bitter wintercress; Bittercress, hairy; Bitterweed; Black-eyed Susan; Black medic; Black mustard; Blackseed plantain; Blessed thistle; Bloodflower milkweed; Blue lettuce; Blue vervain; Bracted plantain; Brassbuttons; Bristly oxtongue; Broad leaf dock; Broad leaf plantain; Broomweed; Buckhorn; Buckhorn plantain; Bulbous buttercup; Bull thistle; Bullnettle; Burclover; Burdock; Burning nettle; Burweed; Buttercup; Buttonweed; Canada thistle; Carolina geranium; Carpetweed; Catch weed bedstraw; Catnip; Catsear; Chickweed, common; Chickweed, mouseear; Chicory; Cinquefoil; Clover, crimson; Clover, hop; Clover, red; Clover, strawberry; Clover, sweet; Clover, white; Cockle; Cocklebur; Common mullein; Creeping Jenny (Creeping Charlie); Cud weed; Curly dock; Daisy, English; Daisy flea bane; Daisy, ox eye; Dandelion; Dichondra; Dogbane; Dogfennel; Dollarweed; False dandelion; Falseflax; False sunflower; Fiddleneck; Florida pusley; Frenchweed; Galinsoga; Goathead; Goldenrod; Ground ivy; Gumweed; Hairy fleabane; Hawkweed; Healall; Heartleaf drymary; Heathaster; Hedge bindweed; Hedge mustard; Hemp; Henbit; Hoary cress; Hoary plantain; Hoary vervain; Horsenettle; Jimsonweed; Knawel; Knotweed; Kochia; lambsquarters; lespedeza; Mallow; Matchweed; Mexicanweed; Milk vetch; Momingglory; Mouseear hawkweed; Mugwort; Musk thistle; Mustard; Narrowleaf plantain; Narrowleaf vetch; Nettle; Orange hawkweed; Oriental cocklebur; Oxalis; Parsley-pier!; Parsnip; Pearl wort; Pennycress; Pennywort; Peppergrass; Pepperweed; Pigweed; Pineywoods bedstraw; Plains coreopsis (tickseed); Plantain; Poison ivy; Poison oak; Pokeweed; Poorjoe; Prairie sunflower; Prickly lettuce; Prickly sida; Prostrate knotweed; Prostrate pigweed; Prostrate spurge; Prostrate vervain; Puncturevine; Purslane, common; Ragweed; Red sorrel; Red root pigweed; Redstem filaree; Rough cinquefoil; Rough fleabane; Russian pigweed; Russian thistle; Scarlet pimpernel; Scotch thistle; Sheep sorrel; Shepherd's purse; Slender plantain; Smallflower galinsoga; Smooth dock; Smooth pig weed; Sorrel; Sowthistle; Spanishneedles; Speedwell; Spiny amaranth; Spiny cocklebur; Spiny sowthistle; Spotted catsear; Spotted spurge; Spurweed; Stinging nettle; Strawberry, India mock; Tall nettle; Tall vervain; Tansy ragwort; Tansy mustard; Tanweed; Thistle; Trailing crownvetch; Tumble mustard; Tumble pigweed; Velvetleaf;Venice mallow; Virginia buttonweed; Virginia creeper;Virginia pepperweed; Wavyleaf bullthistle; Western clematis; Western salsify; White mustard; Wild aster;Wild buckwheat; Wild carrot; Wild four-o'clock; Wild garlic; Wild geranium; Wild lettuce; Wild marigold; Wild mustard; Wild onion; Wild parsnip; Wild radish; Wild rape; Wild strawberry; Wild sweet potato; Wild vetch;Wild violet; Woodsorrel; Woolly croton; Woolly morningglory; Woolly plantain; Worrnseed; Yarrow;Yellow rocket; Yellowfiower pepperweed
Kids & Pets
It is safe for pets and humans to reenter the space once the herbicide has thoroughly dried.
- Eliminate weeds without compromising surrounding ecosystems by avoiding product drift and runoff.
- During treatments, remain aware of nearby storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters, or surface waters.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 6ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';