Ortho® Bugclear™ Lawn Insect Killer1
Ortho® Bugclear™ Lawn Insect Killer1
- Protect your lawn and garden with Ortho® BugClear™ Lawn Insect Killer1; kills by contact and starts to kill in minutes (except fire ants); works above and below the ground; provides long-lasting lawn insect control
- LONG-LASTING CONTROL: Continues to guard and protect your lawn for up to 3 months of residual control against spiders, ticks, armyworms, and beetles and up to 6 months against ants (see product label for insects controlled)
- FAST ACTING: Granules start to kill lawn bugs and garden insects in minutes (except fire ants)
- OUTDOOR BUG KILLER: Use insect killer to protect your lawn, ornamentals, home perimeter, vegetable garden and flower beds; kill pesky insects outdoors before they come inside (see product label for insects controlled)
- EASY-TO-USE: For best results apply with a Scotts® Spreader when you first notice insect activity or damage, then water in; treats up to 16,500 sq. ft.
Specs and Details
- Bifenthrin: 0.2%
- Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling this product and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
- Do not mix, or allow to come into contact with, oxidizing agents.
- If empty: Non-refillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Place in trash or for recycling if available.
- If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
- This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use
Protect your backyard and enjoy your lawn with Ortho® BugClear™ Lawn Insect Killer1 Granules. The fast-acting insect killer starts to work in minutes (except against fire ants) and kills by contact to protect against all listed insects including ants, spiders, ticks, armyworms, fleas and grubs. Use on your lawn, ornamentals, home perimeter, vegetable garden and flower beds to protect against pesky insects, killing them outside before they come inside (refer to product label for complete lists). Works above and below the ground. Create a long-lasting bug barrier for up to 6-months of ant control and 3-months of residual protection against spiders, ticks, beetles, and other listed insects (see product label for full list). Apply the yard bug killer early in the spring before infestation or whenever insect activity or damage is first observed. For best results, apply with a Scotts® spreader and then immediately water in granules. Each 10-lb. bag treats up to 16,500 sq. ft.
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
- Do not apply to hard surfaces such as sidewalks, driveways, and patios.
Where to Use
- Use on lawns, ornamentals, flower gardens, vegetable gardens, and around home foundations.
When to Apply
- Apply in early spring or summer when insects or damage first appear, the weather is calm, and rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours.
How Often to Apply
- When treating the perimeter of the home foundation, re-apply after 3 months if necessary.
- Water in after application. Be careful not to water to the point of run-off.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ants (Carpenter, Pharaoh, Acrobat, Allegheny Mound, Argentine, Big Headed, Black Turf, Citronella, Cornfield, Crazy, Ghost, Little Black, Odorous, Pavement, Pyramid, Red Harvester, Small Honey, Thief, White Footed), Armyworms (Fall, Lawn), Beetles (Billbugs (Bluegrass & Hunting), Black Turfgrass Ataenius, Dichondra Flea, Ground, Lady Beetles (Asian, Convergent, Seven-spotted, Thirteen-Spotted & Twice-Stabbed), and Weevils (Annual Bluegrass), Asiatic Garden, European Chafers, Green June, Masked Chafers, May/June, Oriental, and Sugarcane), Bristletails, Caterpillars (Bagworms, Cutworms (Black, Bronzed, Granulate, and Variegated), Fiery Skipper, Striped Grassworm, Webworms (Sod & Tropical Sod), Centipedes, Chiggers, Chinch Bugs, Crickets (Arizona, Common Short Tailed, Eastern Striped, Fall Field, House, Indies Short Tailed, Northern Wood, Sand Field, Southeastern Field, Southern Wood, Spring Field, Texas Field, Tropical, Variable Field, Vocal Field, Western Striped), Earwigs, Firebrats, Fleas, Flies (European Crane (larvae and adult), Fruit), Grasshoppers, Greenbug, Leafhoppers, Leaf-footed Bugs, Leafrollers (omnivorous), Mealybugs, Millipedes, Mole Crickets (Southern, Tawny), Fungus Gnat (Adults and Larvae), Grubs, Mites, Mole Crickets (European, Northern, Prairie, Short-Winged), Moths (Lucerne), Pillbugs, Plant Bugs, Scale, Scorpions (Arizona Stripetail, California Common, Dune, Eastern Sand, Lesser Stripetail, Northern, Southern Unstriped, Yellow Ground), Seed Maggots, Sowbugs, Spiders (Burrowing Wolf, Longbodied Cellar, Marbled Cellar, Pirate Wolf, Short Bodied Cellar, Thin Legged Wolf), Spittlebugs (Two Lined), Springtails, Ticks (American Dog, Brown Dog, Deer (including those that transmit Lyme Disease)), Treehoppers, Webworms, Wireworms, and Weevils (Black Vine (larvae), Root (larvae)).
Kids & Pets
- People and pets may enter the treated area after it has dried.
- To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run-off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters, or surface waters.
- Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid run-off to water bodies or drainage systems.
- Sweep any product that lands on a driveway, sidewalk, or street back into the treated area.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 6ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';