Ortho® Home Defense® Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter Concentrate
Ortho® Home Defense® Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter Concentrate
Fall is in the air. Take 20% off your purchase of $49 or more 🍂
- Ortho® Home Defense® Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter Concentrate is a non-staining, odor free insect killer that kills common household bugs inside and keeps insects out of your house
- KILLS COMMON HOUSEHOLD BUGS: Effective against a number of insects including the mosquito, cockroach, fly, ant, spider, wasp, beetle, cherry fruit fly, silverfish, mite, scorpion, stink bug, and tick
- LONG-LASTING: Provides up to 12 months of protection from ants, roaches, and spiders (indoors on non-porous surfaces)
- USE WITH CONFIDENCE: Use indoors (for kitchens, bathrooms, doors & windows, and basements) and outdoors (along the perimeter of the foundation, on patios & decks, and in garages) where insects are a recurring problem
- EASY TO USE: Each 32 oz. container can be mixed with water and can make up to 4 gallons of insect killer which can be applied by using a tank sprayer
Specs and Details
- Application is prohibited directly into sewers or drains, or to any area like a gutter where drainage to sewers, storm drains, water bodies, or aquatic habitat can occur. Do not allow the product to enter any drain during or after application.
If empty: Non-refillable container. Do not reuse or refill. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
- If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor (including toilet) or outdoor (including sewer) drain.
- This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
- Download Label
- Safety Data Sheets can be found at scottsmsds.com
Ortho® Home Defense® Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter Concentrate kills common household bugs including the mosquito, cockroach, fly, ant, spider, wasp, cherry fruit fly, beetle, flea, tick, stink bug, and silverfish. This insect killer has been specifically formulated for indoor and outdoor use both as a preventative treatment and for when you see evidence of insect activity. Use with confidence in kitchens, bathrooms, basements, along doors and windows, on patios and decks, in garages, and along the perimeter of the foundation. For long-lasting, residual control, leave the applied spray undisturbed. With this long-lasting spray, you'll have up to 12 months of protection from ants, roaches, and spiders (indoors on non-porous surfaces). Retreatment of this quick drying spray is recommended once per season (or every three months) in outdoor settings. Each 32 oz. container of Ortho® Home Defense® Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter Concentrate makes up to 4 gallons of non-staining and odor free bug killer which can be applied using a tank sprayer.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
- Indoors: Hold sprayer 12 inches from surface being sprayed, then apply a 4 inch wide band along the interior
- Outdoors: Hold sprayer 12 inches from surface being sprayed, then apply a 12 inch wide band along the exterior
- Apply with a tank sprayer.
When and Where to Use
Where to Use
- For use indoors (kitchens, bathrooms, doors and windows, basements) and outdoors (perimeter of foundations, patios and decks, garages).
When to Apply
- Use anytime as a preventative treatment or after you see evidence of insect activity.
How Often to Apply
- Repeat as needed. Treatment is recommended at least once per season (3 months) outdoors.
- Do not make applications during rain.
All outdoor applications must be limited to spot or crack-and-crevice treatments only, except for the following permitted uses:
- Treatment to soil or vegetation around structures
- Application to building foundations, up to a maximum height of 2 ft.
- Cover or remove exposed food (including pet food), processing surfaces, and utensils when applying in kitchens.
For fleas and ticks: Do not spray animals. Spot treat infested areas: pets' resting quarters and localized areas of floors/floor coverings (rugs, carpet, tile, vinyl, wood) where pests may be present. Remove old bedding of pets and replace with clean, fresh bedding after treatment of pet area.
|Amount of water||Amount of product|
|16 fl. oz||1 fl. oz.|
|24 fl. oz||1.5 fl. oz.|
|32 fl. oz||2 fl. oz.|
|1 gal.||8 fl. oz.|
|1.33 gal.||10.6 fl. oz.|
|2 gal.||16 fl. oz.|
Frequently Asked Questions
If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied with this product, mail us proof of purchase to obtain a full refund of your purchase price.
Adelgids (Eastern Sprucegall); Ants (Argentine, Carpenter, Foraging Fire Ants, Pavement, Pharoah/Sugar, Pyramid, Red/Western Harvester); Aphids (Apple, Black Cherry, Buckhorn, Greenbug, Pea, Pecan, Rose, Rosy Apple, Walnut); Bees; Beetles (Billbugs, Black Turfgrass Ataenius, Carpet, Colorado Potato, Corn Rootworm [Adults], Curculio [Cow Pea, Plum], Elm Leaf, Flea, Japanese [Adults], Lady Beetles [including Asian Lady Beetle Eggs], Mexican Bean, Pine Chafer [Grub], Pine Shoot, Sap, Spotted Cucumber/Southern Corn, Rootworm [Adults], Striped Cucumber, Weevils [Annual Bluegrass & Black Vine); Borers (American Plum, European Corn, Lesser Peachtree, Peachtree, Peach Twig, Southwestern Corn, Squash Vine, Stalk); Boxelder Bug; Bristletails; Caterpillars (Alfalfa, Armyworms [Beet, Fall, Southern, True, Yellow Striped, Beet Armyworm Eggs], Bagworms, Blueberry Spanworm, Budworms, Corn Earworm, Cutworms, Cranberry Fruitworm, Filbertworm, Green Cloverworm, Green Fruitworm, Hickory Shuckworm, Hornworms [Tobacco & Tomato], Imported Cabbageworm, Loopers [Alfalfa, Cabbage, Celery], Navel Orangeworm, Painted Lady, Pecan Nut Casebearer, Pickleworm, Rindworm, Saltmarsh, Sod Webworms, Tent, Velvetbean); Centipedes; Chinch Bugs (Hairy, Southern); Cockroaches (American/Palmetto Bug/Waterbug, Asian, German, Oriental); Crickets; Earwigs; Firebrats; Fleas (Cat, Dog); Flies (Apple Maggot, Biting Flies, Cherry Fruit, Cornsilk, European Crane [Adult, House]); Fungus Gnats; Grasshoppers; Hornets; Lace Bugs; Leaffooted Bugs (Squash Bug); Leafhoppers; Leafminers (Alder, Tentiform, Vegetable); Leafrollers (Oblique Banded, Red-Banded, Variegated); Mealybugs; Midges; Millipedes; Mites (Broad, Carmine, Chigger, Clover, European Red, Pecan Scorch, Spruce, Two Spotted Spider [Adult, Egg]; Mole Crickets; Mosquitoes; Moths (Artichoke Plume, Codling, Diamondback, Gypsy); Periodical Cicadas; Pillbugs & Rollie Pollies; Plant Bugs (Tarnished, Lygus Bugs); Phylloxera (Pecan Leaf, Pecan Stem); Psyllids (Pear); Sawflies (European Pine, Redheaded Pine); Scales (Brown Soft, California Red, Euonymus, San Jose); Scorpions; Silverfish; Sowbugs; Spiders (Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Hobo, Wolf); Spittlebugs (Pecan); Springtails; Stink Bugs (Brown Marmorated, Kudzu); Stored Product Pests; Termites; Thrips; Ticks; Wasps; Whiteflies; Yellowjackets
Kids & Pets
- People and pets may re-enter treated areas after spray has dried.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 23ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';