Ortho® Home Defense® Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2, Comfort Wand
Ortho® Home Defense® Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2, Comfort Wand
The battery-powered Comfort Wand® gives your hands a break with its one-touch continuous spray.
The Trigger Sprayer is all about great value and ease of use. Simply point and squeeze.
The best value for large areas. Mix the specified amount of product with water in a backpack, pump, hose-end, or power sprayer then spray uniformly as a broadcast or spot treatment. You can also use with the Ortho® Dial N Spray® Hose-End Sprayer and eliminate measuring and mixing altogether!
Simply attach the battery-powered Ortho® Comfort Wand® from your previous bottle to your new Refill bottle to spot treat weeds with a continuous stream — no bending or pumping required.
24 oz. Trigger
Perfect for spot-treating! Simply point and squeeze.
- Ortho® Home Defense® Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2 is a bug killer spray that kills the toughest home invading insects, including ants, cockroaches, spiders, fleas, ticks, scorpions, beetles, earwigs, silverfish, and centipedes (as listed)
- Provides a long-lasting bug barrier of up to 12 month protection (against ants, roaches, and spiders indoors on non-porous surfaces)
- Apply this pesticide anytime as a preventative treatment or after you see evidence of insect activity
- Use this pest control spray with confidence indoors (kitchens, bathrooms, doors and windows) and outdoors (perimeter of foundations, patios and decks, garages) wherever insects are a recurring problem
- The easy-to-use continuous spray Comfort Wand® helps you control insects easily and accurately without any bending, pumping, or hand-fatigue
Specs and Details
- Bifenthrin1 0.0500%
- Zeta-Cypermethrin2. 0.0125%
- Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wear a long sleeved shirt and long pants, socks, shoes, and chemical resistant gloves.
- This is a nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container.
- If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling where available.
- If partly filled: Do not pour or dispose down-the-drain or sewer. Call your local solid waste agency for local disposal options.
Ortho® Home Defense® Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2 kills common household bugs such as ants, bees, beetles, centipedes, cockroaches, crickets, fleas, flies, millipedes, mosquitoes, moths, spiders, stink bugs, ticks, termites and more (as listed). This insect killer creates a bug barrier of up to 12 months protection (against ants, roaches and spiders indoors on non-porous surfaces) to provide long-lasting results. In addition, the Invisi-Shield Technology formula gives off no fumes, dries clear, and dries fast. Use Ortho® Home Defense® Insect Killer for Indoor & Perimeter2 anytime as a preventative treatment or after you see evidence of insect activity for long lasting-control. Apply with confidence indoors (kitchens, bathrooms, doors and windows) and outdoors (perimeter of foundations, patios and decks, garages) wherever insects are a recurring problem. For indoor surfaces, hold sprayer 12 inches from surface being sprayed and apply a 4 inch wide band along the interior of the home in areas where insects are a recurring problem. Area should be sprayed until slightly wet without soaking. For perimeter treatment, also hold sprayer 12 inches from surface being sprayed and apply a 12 inch wide band along the exterior of the home.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
- Prep the Comfort Wand®
- Take the wand from the holster and remove the pull strip to activate the batteries.
- Unfold the Comfort Wand® until it clicks into position.
Unwrap the hose and insert the hose connector into the spout on the bottle cap.
Twist knob to "ON."
- Shake well.
- Turn sprayer nozzle to desired spray pattern and then slide the trigger switch to "UNLOCK."
- Press trigger to spray.
- For indoor surfaces, hold sprayer 12-inches from surface being sprayed and apply a 4-inch wide band along the interior of the home in areas where insects are a recurring problem. Spray until slightly wet without soaking.
- For exterior perimeter treatment, also hold the sprayer 12-inches from surface being sprayed and apply a 12-inch wide band along the exterior of the home.
- For treating a pet's resting quarters, spot treat infested areas and localized areas of the floor/floor coverings (rugs, carpets, tile, vinyl, and wood) where pests may be present.
- Turn nozzle to "OFF."
- Slide switch on trigger to "LOCK."
- Fold the Comfort Wand® closed and place the sprayer back in holster.
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
- Do not spray:
- into the air
- into fish pools, ponds, streams, or lakes
- directly to sewers or storm drains, or to any area like a drain or gutter where drainage to sewers, storm drains, water bodies, or aquatic habitat can occur
- in or on electrical equipment due to the possibility of shock hazard
Where to Use
- Use indoors (kitchens, bathrooms, doors & windows) and outdoors (perimeter foundations, garages, patios and decks, doors & windows).
When to Apply
- Use anytime as a preventative treatment or after evidence of insect activity.
How Often to Apply
- Re-treatment is recommended at least once per season (3 months) outdoors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Adelgids: Eastern Sprucegall; Ants: Argentine, Carpenter, Foraging Fire Ants, Pavement, Pharaoh/Sugar, Pyramid, and Red/Western Harvester; Aphids: Apple, Black Cherry, Buckhorn, Greenbug, Pea, Pecan, Rose, Rosy Apple, and Walnut; Bees; Beetles: Billbugs, Black Turfgrass Ataenius, Carpet, Colorado Potato, Corn Rootworm (Adults), Curculio (Cow Pea, Plum), Elm Leaf, Flea, Japanese (Adults), Lady Beetles (including Asian Lady Beetle Eggs), Mexican Bean, Pine Chafer (grub), Pine Shoot, Sap, Spotted Cucumber/Southern Corn Rootworm (Adults), Striped Cucumber, and Weevils (Annual Bluegrass & Black Vine); Borers: American Plum, European Corn, Lesser Peachtree, Peachtree, Peach Twig, Southwestern Corn, Squash Vine, and Stalk; Boxelder Bugs; Bristletails; Caterpillars: Alfalfa, Armyworms (Beet, Fall, Biting, Southern, True, Yellow Striped, Beet Armyworm Eggs), Bagworms, Blueberry Spanworm, Budworms, Corn Earworm, Cutworms, Cranberry Fruitworm, Filbertworm, Green Cloverworm, Green Fruitworm, Filbertworm, Green Cloverworm, Green Fruitworm, Hickory Shuckworm, Hornworms (Tobacco & Tomato), Imported Cabbageworm, Loopers (Alfalfa, Cabbage, Celery), Navel Orangeworm, Painted Lady, Pecan Nut Casebearer, Pickleworm, Rindworm, Saltmarsh, Sod Webworms, Tent, and Velvetbean; Centipedes; Chinch Bug: Hairy, and Southern; Cockroaches: American/Palmetto Bug/Waterbug, Asian, German, and Oriental; Cricket; Earwigs; Firebrats; Fleas: Cat, and Dog; Flies: Apple Maggot, Biting Flies, Cherry Fruit, Cornsilk, European Crane (Adult), and House; Fungus Gnats; Grasshoppers; Hornets; Lace Bugs; Leaffooted Bugs: Squash Bug; Leafhoppers; Leafminers: Alder, Tentiform, and Vegetable; Leafrollers: Oblique Banded, Red-Banded, and Variegated; Mealybug; Midges; Millipedes; Mites: Broad, Carmine, Chigger, Clover, European Red, Pecan Scorch, Spruce, Two Spotted Spider (Adult), and Two Spotted Spider (Eggs); Mole Crickets; Mosquitoes; Moths: Artichoke Plume, Codling, Diamondback, and Gypsy; Periodical Cicada; Phylloxera: Pecan Leaf, and Pecan Stem; Pillbugs and Rollie Pollies; Plant Bugs: Lygus, and Tarnished; Psyllids: Pear; Sawflies: European Pine, and Redheaded Pine; Scales: Brown Soft, California Red, Euonymus, and San Jose; Scorpions; Silverfish; Sowbugs; Spiders: Black Widow, Brown Recluse, Hobo, and Wolf; Spittlebugs: Pecan; Springtails; Stink Bugs: Brown Marmorated, and Kudzu; Stored Product Pests; Thrips; Ticks; Termites; Wasps; Whiteflies; Yellowjackets
Kids & Pets
- People and pets may re-enter the treated area after the spray has dried.
This pesticide is extremely toxic to fish, aquatic invertebrates, oysters and shrimp. To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Drift and run off from treated areas may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in neighboring areas. Care should be used when spraying to avoid fish and reptile pets in/around ornamental ponds. This product is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment or residues on blooming plants. Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming plants if bees are visiting the treatment area.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 4ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';