Ortho® WeedClear™ Lawn Weed Killer Ready-to-Spray (North)
Ortho® WeedClear™ Lawn Weed Killer Ready-to-Spray (North)
Fall is in the air. Take 20% off your purchase of $49 or more 🍂
- Kill weeds in your lawn, including dandelion, chickweed, clover, crabgrass, and foxtail with the Ortho® WeedClear™ Lawn Weed Killer
- Fast-acting, with results in one application
- Kills weeds to the roots but won't harm the lawn (when used as directed)
- For use on grasses, including Bermudagrass, Buffalograss, Fescues, Kentucky Bluegrass, Ryegrass, and Zoysiagrass
- Apply easily by connecting a garden hose to the attached sprayer--treats up to 5,000 sq. ft.
Specs and Details
- 2,4-D, dimethylamine salt: 0.313%
- Quinclorac: 0.104%
- Dicamba, dimethylamine salt: 0.029%
- When used as directed, this product is completely safe for humans and animals. Please avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing by wearing a long-sleeved shirt, pants, socks, shoes, and rubber gloves during application.
- Following application, wash thoroughly with soap and water and change clothing before resuming normal activities.
- When the container is empty, dispose of in trash or rinse over the treated area and place in recycling if available.
- If some herbicide remains in the container, call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions.
- Under no circumstances should the unused product be disposed of down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Ortho® WeedClear™ Lawn Weed Killer Ready-to-Spray kills all types of weeds (as listed) without harming your lawn (when used as directed). The formula is rainproof in 1 hour and is fast-acting--you'll see results in just one application. It kills over 200 weeds down to the roots, including dandelion, chickweed, clover, crabgrass, and foxtail Application is easy: simply connect the garden hose to the attached sprayer. For use on grasses, including Bermudagrass, Buffalograss, Fescues, Kentucky Bluegrass, Ryegrass, and Zoysiagrass. Use Ortho® WeedClear™ Lawn Weed Killer to kill weeds to the roots!
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
- Ortho® WeedClear™ Lawn Weed Killer Ready-To-Spray is easy to use. Simply connect the sprayer to the garden hose and then turn on the water. Walk to the farthest part in your yard and then work your way back.
- To spray, slide switch to “ON”.
- Then spray evenly only until the surface of the lawn is wet.
- To stop spraying, slide the switch to “OFF”.
- Turn off the water, then relieve water pressure by sliding switch to “WATER”. After the water slows to a drip, slide switch back to "OFF" and disconnect from the garden hose.
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
- This residential outdoor herbicide is not intended for use on the following grasses: St. Augustinegrass, Bahiagrass, Bentgrass, Centipedegrass, Carpetgrass, Seashore paspalum, Lawns with desirable clovers or legumes, Dichondra, ornamental plants (flowers, trees, groundcovers, landscape beds and shrubs), certain Turfgrass species, and gardens including vegetables, fruit trees, vines and berries. This container is nonrefillable.
Where to Use
- Ortho® WeedClear™ Lawn Weed Killer Ready-to-Spray is intended for the treatment of individual weeds, patches of weeds, or sparse weeds scattered throughout the following established turfgrass types: Kentucky bluegrass, ryegrass, tall fescue, fine fescues, Bermudagrass, zoysiagrass, and buffalograss.
- When to Apply
The best time to apply this weed killer for lawns is when weeds are small and actively growing in the spring or fall.
- For large and smooth crabgrass, apply in the spring before the weeds are 4 inches tall or when they're first noticeable in the lawn.
How Often to Apply
- Based on the effectiveness of this herbicide, applications are limited to 2 times per year with at least 21 days between treatments for dense weed populations.
Remember to follow instructions when turning off the sprayer so that product does not end up sprayed or dripped onto a surface where you don't want it to go.
- If your lawn is looking a little thirsty, water 24 hours prior to application.
- To avoid potential runoff, do not water within 24 hours of treatment.
Using with other Products
- In the event of an insect infestation, apply Ortho® BugClear™ Insect Killer for Lawns & Landscapes no sooner than 4 weeks after application.
- You may apply food and soil one week following the herbicide application.
Frequently Asked Questions
If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied with this product, mail us proof of purchase to obtain a full refund of your purchase price.
Crabgrass, large and smooth; Foxtail, green, yellow and giant; Signalgrass, broadleaf, Annual yellow sweetclover; Aster; Austrian fieldcress; Bedstraw; Beggarticks; Betony, Florida; Bindweed, field; Bird vetch; Bitter wintercress; Bittercress, hairy; Bitterweed; Black-eyed Susan; Black medic; Black mustard; Blackseed plantain; Blessed thistle; Bloodflower milkweed; Blue lettuce; Blue vervain; Bracted plantain; Brassbuttons; Bristly oxtongue; Broadleaf dock; Broadleaf plantain; Broomweed; Buckhorn; Buckhorn plantain; Bulbous buttercup; Bull thistle; Bullnettle; Burclover; Burdock; Burning nettle; Burweed; Buttercup; Buttonweed; Canada thistle; Carolina geranium; Carpetweed; Catchweed bedstraw; Catnip; Catsear; Chickweed, common; Chickweed, mouseear; Chicory; Cinquefoil; Clover, crimson; Clover, hop; Clover, red; Clover, strawberry; Clover, sweet; Clover, white; Cockle; Cocklebur; Common mullein; Creeping Jenny (Creeping Charlie); Cudweed; Curly dock; Daisy, English; Daisy fleabane; Daisy, oxeye; Dandelion; Dichondra; Dogbane; Dogfennel; Dollarweed; False dandelion; Falseflax; False sunflower; Fiddleneck; Florida pusley; Frenchweed; Galinsoga; Goathead; Goldenrod; Ground ivy; Gumweed; Hairy fleabane; Hawkweed; Healall; Heartleaf drymary; Heathaster; Hedge bindweed; Hedge mustard; Hemp; Henbit; Hoary cress; Hoary plantain; Hoary vervain; Horsenettle; Jimsonweed; Knawel; Knotweed; Kochia; Lambsquarters; Lespedeza; Mallow; Matchweed; Mexicanweed; Milk vetch; Morningglory; Mouseear hawkweed; Mugwort; Musk thistle; Mustard; Narrowleaf, plantain; Narrowleaf vetch; Nettle; Orange hawkweed; Oriental cocklebur; Oxalis; Parsley-piert; Parsnip; Pearlwort; Pennycress; Pennywort; Peppergrass; Pepperweed; Pigweed; Pineywoods bedstraw; Plains coreopsis (tickseed); Plantain; Poison ivy; Poison oak; Pokeweed; Poorjoe; Prairie sunflower; Prickly lettuce; Prickly sida; Prostrate knotweed; Prostrate pigweed; Prostrate spurge; Prostrate vervain; Puncturevine; Purslane, common; Ragweed; Red sorrel; Redroot pigweed; Redstem filaree; Rough cinquefoil; Rough fleabane; Russian pigweed; Russian thistle; Scarlet pimpernel; Scotch thistle; Sheep sorrel; Shepherd’s purse; Slender plantain; Smallflower galinsoga; Smooth dock; Smooth pigweed; Sorrel; Sowthistle; Spanishneedles; Speedwell; Spiny amaranth; Spiny cocklebur; Spiny sowthistle; Spotted catsear; Spotted spurge; Spurweed; Stinging nettle; Strawberry, India mock; Tall nettle; Tall vervain; Tansy ragwort; Tansy mustard; Tanweed; Thistle; Trailing crownvetch; Tumble mustard; Tumble pigweed; Velvetleaf; Venice mallow; Virginia buttonweed; Virginia creeper; Virginia pepperweed; Wavyleaf bullthistle; Western clematis; Western salsify; White mustard; Wild aster; Wild buckwheat; Wild carrot; Wild four-o’clock; Wild garlic; Wild geranium; Wild lettuce; Wild marigold; Wild mustard; Wild onion; Wild parsnip; Wild radish; Wild rape; Wild strawberry; Wild sweet potato; Wild vetch; Wild violet; Woodsorrel; Woolly croton; Woolly morningglory; Woolly plantain; Wormseed; Yarrow; Yellow rocket; Yellowflower pepperweed
Kids & Pets
It is safe for pets and humans to reenter the space once the herbicide has thoroughly dried.
- We aim to heighten our dedication to the environment by providing valuable user information on how to responsibly eliminate weeds without compromising surrounding ecosystems.
- Product drift and runoff are our main areas of concern.
- Therefore, we ask that customers be mindful of nearby storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters, or surface waters and always follow package directions for application.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 13ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';